Summary of Position:
The purpose of this position is to interact with and cater to our guests to ensure they have a great experience when dining at our restaurants. We want our guests to have such a marvelous time that they want to return again and again. You are responsible for providing friendly, attentive, and timely service to create an exceptional dining experience to all of our guests. At all times, you are expected to be attentive to your guests’ needs and make them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. We also expect our wait staff to have some basic culinary and beverage knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a constant Guest Focus, while performing job duties and interacting with guests and co-workers
- Assume 100% responsibility for ensuring a quality guest experience. Anticipate the needs of your guests and be proactive
- Welcome and greet guests within one minute. Make all of our guests feel special and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them
- Inform guests of dinner and drink features and menu changes; be aware off all current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations; know if the kitchen staff is running out of any items…etc.
- Make specific beverage, appetizer, entrée, and dessert recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system before taking anything to the table.
- Offer and deliver food and beverages and perform quality check, all in a timely manner
- Pre-bus tables between each course; remove empty glassware, plate ware, replenish utensils and refill water/offer another beverage
- Perform side duties during each shift as required by management.
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Maintain clean and stocked service and dining areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Provide proactive beverage refills
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, and process through the Chase payment system.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers before they ask.
- Maintain proper dining room decorum at all times, especially while interacting with guests and coworkers
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- Notify manager-on-duty any time a guest is not 100% satisfied with their experience
- Be 19 years of age
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Be able to communicate and understand both French and English
- Must have the ability to handle money and operate a POS and Chase Payment system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 7 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food and drink frequently
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed. Also be able to think and work independently
- Be able to work in a fast-paced restaurant environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.50 /hour