Our company, a logistic management, distribution and warehousing enterprise is expanding and requires the right person to join their team and contribute to the on-going success of their operation. We are looking for a knowledgeable end experienced Freight Broker – Logistics Coordinator.
Under the direction of the VM manager and with safety, efficiency and customer service a priority, the Freight Broker – Logistics Coordinator is accountable to facilitate the receiving and storing, moving and shipping of supplies, stock and materials, effectively managing the timely flow of order processing.
The designated employee, among other assigned responsibilities, will perform the following principal tasks:
- Perform freight services according to company and government regulations.
- Plan and coordinate pick-up and delivery schedules.
- Work with Shippers, Carriers and Dispatchers to manage the schedules.
- Track and report shipment status to customers.
- Manage multiple deliveries, process spot requests and develop new sales strategies to improve business
- Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer concerns and queries professionally.
- Maintain positive and productive relationship with customers.
- Identify and contact qualified carriers for freight services.
- Negotiate contract and pricing agreements with carriers.
- Contact current and potential customers for new business opportunities.
- Maintain strong relationship with multiple carriers.
- Ensure that freight paperwork are completed and approved before transportation.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with those on the team, as well as cross-functionally.
- Minimum of 3 years of freight brokering and logistics experience;
- Bilingual oral and written in French and English;
- Customer service oriented;
- Team player;
- Strong communication, organization skills and attention to detail;
- Proficiency with computer systems, including Microsoft office PC Miller and link logistics.
- Group insurance benefits (Healthcare & Dentalcare)
- Group RRSP
- Paid sick days
- Free parking
- Growth oriented company
Do you think you are customer service driven, passionate and talented? Here is an opportunity for you! Submit your resumé and let's meet!
Job Type: Full-time
- Freight brokering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Logistics Coordinating: 3 years (Preferred)