TITLE: Program Support Staff
WAGE: $14.75/hr (part-time)
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator
The Program Support Staff is responsible for working 1:1 or 1:2 with a variety of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) at the Niagara Region Chapter Programs. The Program Support Staff reports directly to the designated Program Lead and are responsible for ensuring safe, quality, and developmentally appropriate programming for program participants of all ages. Personal care, including toileting, changing, feeding and lifting is required. Daily reports and communication with parents is also required.
- Support assigned program participant(s) during programming to ensure they are able to reach their full potential within the larger group.
- To implement curriculum as has been designed and follow the planned program with his/her participant(s) making modifications based on specific needs including behavioural, physical, and developmental challenges.
- Maintain positive communication with families about the progress of the participants in their care
- Work as a team member to resolve and prevent problems and maintain positive communication with all camp staff
- Ensures that all Autism Ontario policies and procedures are being met.
- Ensures that all participant records are kept confidential
- Ensure that program equipment and program facilities are well maintained
- Other tasks as directed by the Program Coordinator
- Demonstrated understanding of autism and Aspergers Syndrome and the unique challenges and barriers that individuals with an ASD face.
- Previous experience working with children in a camp/program environment or in the not-for-profit sector.
- Individual must be able to participate with high energy in all activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong English written & verbal communication skills.
Please apply online at https://aoniagara.campbrainstaff.com/
APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT FILL OUT THE ONLINE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.75 /hour