Established in 1994, Toronto Canadian-based software and hardware developer, CAST Software celebrates its 20th year in business in 2014. CAST Software serves its core markets in entertainment production, special events and meetings. Its award winning flagship software products are wysiwyg design and previsualization suite, Vivien -- Event Designer and BlackTrax a real-time 6D tracking system used in the entertainemnt and production industry to drive robotic lights, 3D projection mapping, robotic cameras and 3D/Spatial audio. All products are designed and created in-house and supported by an established global distribution and reseller network.
CAST Software Ltd. is a member of the CAST Group of Companies Inc.
CAST has been in business for twenty-five years, and today we deliver the modelling, design and previsualization software tools of choice to professionals in the lighting design and events & entertainment production industries. We are driven by passion, creativity and technology and we love nothing more than to see the results of projects created with our software in theatre, concerts and other live entertainment productions, as well as TV and film.
We are now recruiting for a seasoned leader who can develop and provide leadership, management and oversight of a profitable, training and education offering by producing educational curricula and training material to support the delivery, execution, development and growth of CAST’s three main products WYSIWYG, BlackTrax and Vivien to current and prospective customers. The educational program will support CAST’s global ambitions to become the industry leader supported by a well-educated, knowledgeable and passionate user base across multiple sectors.
Title of the position:
- Academic Business Vice-President
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Develop the strategic vision for training on CAST’s current and future product range, in conjunction with the CEO, based on a thorough understanding of the live entertainment market
- Establish objectives for CAST to deliver attractive and sector leading training and educational solutions that achieve CAST’s organisational goals.
- Formulate and approve policies and training programs and materials across global initiatives.
- Develop the appropriate organizational structure and job descriptions to implement the programs and approve overall personnel planning
- Recruit middle managers, directors or other relevant staff positions including training managers, product specialists and trainers.
- Allocate appropriate material, human and financial resources to implement educational policies and programs including establishing locations and global hubs for the delivery of CAST product training.
- Establish financial and administrative controls for the cost-effective delivery of the programs and relevant reporting to assess and improve P&L performance
- Formulate and approve promotional campaigns after conducting research to identify trends in customer demand, anticipating emerging customer requirements. Identify specific marketing and promotional campaigns, including tradeshow and other public-facing activities.
- Co-ordinate work of educational division to ensure seamless relationship with marketing, sales, product development departments within organization
- Represent the organization externally in negotiations or other official functions. Specifically,
- represent the company in broader multi-professional education, training and regulatory strategic discussions and initiatives;
- forge and maintain external relationships to promote CAST profile and influence in global forums;
- maintain close links with the relevant professional, statutory and regulatory bodies to ensure CAST’s training and educational services meet the required accreditation and development needs of the professions; and
- negotiate with educational institutions to establish the integration of CAST products within faculty course curriculum.
- Develop and implement a robust quality assurance model across CAST’s training programmes to ensure consistency in the delivery and application of training.
- Monitor and evaluate the education and training activities in relation to comparable companies training units and the implementation of actions.
- Develop internal training program to foster new and or improved skills among current and future employees
Terms of employment:
- Permanent full-time being 40 hours per week consisting of five days and eight hours per day.
Language of work:
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range $55 CAD/ Hour to $60.00/Hour commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Vacation – minimum of three weeks
- Participation in the employee’s health and dental benefits plan.
- Post-graduate Degree preferred
- 5 or more years experience in the live entertainment industry including with WYSIWYG, Vivien or BlackTrax or similar products
- Extensive teaching experience with a sound understanding of the educational sector.
- Articulate, confident communicator and presenter with a proven track record of delivering public facing seminars and conference papers.
- Significant experience at a senior level in an academic environment.
- Knowledge and utilisation of quality assurance and enhancement policies and procedures.
- Several years of management experience, including managing staff working remotely
- Established connections within the entertainment industry at high decision-making levels with major customers within major strategic markets.
- In-depth knowledge of competitor activities within the entertainment industry.
- Knowledge and experience of working in multi-cultural environments on a global scale.
- Proven ability to use initiative, to think strategically and to adopt a creative and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills including, motivational, negotiating, influencing and networking.
- Ability to enable and gain commitment to organizational change.
- Successful development of international collaborations.
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- Flexible working hours
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- Company events & social hours
Reference ID: CST-0113E
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55.00 to $60.00 /hour
- Technical Theatre: 5 years (Required)
- Education: 5 years (Required)
- Master's Degree (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19