Job Title: Mobile Maintenance Planner
Location: Wolverine Mine, Tumbler Ridge, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time, permanent position
To support the planning and scheduling of repairs of mobile equipment and supporting facilities used by the maintenance department.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
Health and Safety
- Ensure adherence to Conuma Coal’s workplace policies and standard work procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control.
- Maintain a high level of Health and Safety performance through effective communication, monitoring and revision of standard work procedures.
- Identify and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace; and
- Attend and participate in all scheduled health and safety meetings and training.
- Ensure adherence to Conuma Coal’s environmental policy, work standards, management plans and regulatory obligations and requirements;
- Integrate environmental policies, programs, and practices into all activities of the organization; and
- Maintain environmental awareness amongst workforce by holding meetings and actively participate in planned environmental programs and drills.
- Candidates will convert feedback and other information into valid and effective work-orders.
- Candidates will manage and monitor the status of ordered parts/materials and expedite or de-expedite delivery of items to meet requirements;
- Candidates will work with vendors and other suppliers to resolve parts and other repair issues.
- Candidates will escalate where appropriate any issues/areas needing attention;
- Applicants will work to agreed key performance indicators on the following: Schedule Compliance, Availability, Back order/past due reduction
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates will have more than three years post-secondary education in a relevant field – trade, engineering, purchasing, project management
- Ideally candidate will have worked more than three years as a maintenance supervisor and excelled in that role.
- Candidate will have previous experience in the maintenance and repairs of earth-moving equipment.
Skills and Abilities
- A proven ability to work safely and achieve targets;
- Excellent people skills;
- Working with large data sets and sorting and reconciling data.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Literacy skills including the ability to read manuals, schematics and regulatory requirements;
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills; and
- Stress and time management skills.
- Candidate will have aptitude for logistics, planning and scheduling;
- Applicants will have excellent Vendor Management Skills; and
- Computer skills include use of Microsoft Software packages; with better than average competence in spread sheets and relational database programs
- Be able to read schematic and diagrams for the purpose of determining parts lists.
- Competence in the repair procedures for the class of equipment involved.
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in Northeast BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge, BC
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).
Conuma Coal Resources is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time