Job Title: Sobering and Assessment Centre Worker (SACW)
Union: Health Sciences Association
Bargaining Unit: Health Services & Support Community Subsector Association
Reports to: Centre Coordinator and Manager
Job Summary: The SACW provides support to guests accessing the Sobering and Assessment Centre, including intake and discharge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe, clean, well-ordered environment
- Screens client’s behaviour (level of belligerence, functioning, mobility) for admittance using intercom system and/or records clients’ discharge.
- Observes clients and reports/records basic information.
- Provides food, blankets, hygiene supplies, first aid supplies to clients as required
- Provides links to community resources to clients as needed
- Prepares light snacks
- Performs daily housekeeping duties, including laundry
- Re-stocks facility supplies and notifies supervisor when purchases are necessary.
- Adheres to the Society’s standards, protocols, and policies
- Performs other related duties as required
- Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as communication books and progress reports and meets regularly with the Manager of Community Services.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3-6 months recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- First Aid with CPR-C and Food Safe
- Some knowledge and understanding of vulnerable populations affected by homelessness, addictions, and mental health issues and/or barriers to stable housing would be an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- This job requires empathy and initiative
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to observe and recognize and report changes in clients
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $18.23 to $19.52 /hour
- mental health and addictions: 1 year (Preferred)