Job title :
MAINTENANCE WORKER III
CRESTON VALLEY HOSPITAL
PERMANENT PART TIME (0.50 FTE)
Do you have experience in building maintenance, physical ability to carry out the duties of a maintenance worker role, and looking to apply your Trades’ knowledge and skills? Interior Health’s Plant Services is hiring a Maintenance Worker III for the Creston Interior Health worksites.
This is a permanent part-time opportunity where the schedule is Saturdays and Sundays and every second Friday. Shifts are 7 am to 3 pm. This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health.
Plant Services as a whole provides services and support for the safety and comfort of patients, staff, and visitors by maintaining the physical environment, grounds and systems.
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor (or designate), the Maintenance Worker III performs maintenance and repair duties related to buildings, grounds and equipment in one or a variety of areas such as electrical, plumbing and painting in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
Typical Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Repairs needed to drywall; glass (i.e. windows); wood paneling, floor and ceiling coverings. Constructing items such as shelves and cupboards.
- Replaces and/or repairs to plumbing fixtures (i.e. sinks and toilets) and water supply lines and waste lines.
- Carries out preventative maintenance on equipment and fixtures such as pumps, fans, air compressors, kitchen equipment, laundry washers, dryers, by oiling, greasing, cleaning and repairing or replacing items such as valves, bearings, seals and changing filters on incoming and return air systems. Cleans and greases wheels on hospital beds, stretchers, carts, laundry buggies, floor machines and wheelchairs, etc.
- Identifies nature of malfunction of equipment and appliances and performs electrical and mechanical repairs. Installs items such as timers and switches; performs safety checks on electrical appliances for defects. Installs receptacles and ballasts and changes circuits under supervision in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Applies paint and other finishes; removes and replaces coverings such as tiles, linoleum and carpets.
- Performs maintenance to heavy duty equipment such as sterilizers, washers, dryers and extractors by disassembling equipment, cleaning, oiling, greasing and replacing items such as filters and reassembling equipment as required.
- Establishes and monitors preventative maintenance procedures for related equipment, recommends repairs and purchases as required.
- Performs labouring work such as digging trenches, repairing outside grounds, sprinkler system and heads. Cleans storm drains, roof and gutter drains.
- Removes snow from all walks, steps and paved areas. Sweeps and washes down all areas as above to maintain these areas in a safe and clean condition.
If you are interested in working with Plant Services we would welcome to hear from you. In order for your application to be forwarded for consideration we are looking for a candidate who has previous Building Maintenance experience.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Completion of Grade 10
- Two year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License required.
- Ability to communicate with effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.