Position Available: Hotel Manager
Report to: Regional Operations Manager
Location: Sarnia/Point Edward
Located in Southwestern Ontario on the shores of Lake Huron, one hour northeast of Windsor and one hour west of London, Ontario, Best Western Plus Guildwood Inn is minutes to the international border crossing at Port Huron, Michigan, connecting the United States to Canada via the spectacular Blue Water Bridge, which boasts over 4.8 million border crossings per year.
Oversees all aspects of hotel operations, including Guest Relations, Food & Beverage, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Finance, Sales & Marketing and Human Resources. Empowers associates to provide superior customer care to guests, associates and other visitors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruits, selects, trains, and manages employees to deliver superior guest services and quality products that will lead to maximizing guest satisfaction, revenue and profitability goals.
- Creates and maintains customer-driven operations, empowering hotel staff to excel in superior customer care.
- Develops, recommends, implements and manages the hotel's annual budget and long-term business plan. Achieves budgeted sales and maximum profitability.
- Creates new programs in response to market conditions and revenue opportunities.
- Protects the hotel’s financial assets by properly administering policies and procedures for handling cash, credit cards, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all other financial transactions.
- Properly administers policies and procedures for protecting the safety of guests and employees.
- Prepares monthly reports for owners.
- Ensures regular assessment and review of all hotel personnel by appropriate management staff. Coordinates internal training and development programs.
- Maintains a high personal visibility throughout the property and throughout the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of hotel management or supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Strong leadership and a professional image.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making ability and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
In return we’ll give you a competitive salary and benefits package that will include healthcare, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support. Best Western hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
Get some insight into Vrancor Group, owner & operator of Best Western Plus Guildwood Inn by visiting vrancor.com. We’re growing rapidly and opportunities abound for great people! Qualified applicants should forward their resume and cover letter via indeed.
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel/Restaurant Management: 5 years (Required)
- hospitality industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)