Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As part of the National Operations team, the Instructional Designer/Developer will be focused on designing and delivering learning solutions that build and sustain knowledge and skills for front-line employees in the Canadian Customer Contact Centres (CCC). The Instructional Designer/Developer will design innovative learning solutions that incorporate the end-to-end learning cycle (assessment, design, evaluation and sustainment). The incumbent will design and develop learning solutions using a variety of modalities and technologies including eLearning, instructor-led, virtual Instructor-led, simulations and performance support resources (job aids, procedures, processes self-directed learning paths).
Design and develop learning solutions/training programs in support of CCC initiatives by:
Maintain CCC training materials and content by:
- Using instructional design methodologies and techniques to design and develop learning solutions to meet diverse learner needs (utilizing various media including, instructor-led training, e-learning courses, and blended learning solutions). Primary tools for eLearning development include Lectora, Storyline and Captivate.
- Creating learning and performance solutions for systems training, product training, sales & service training, new hire training and new skills training that will meet the learning needs of Customer Service Officers (CSOs), Coaches, Managers, etc., ensuring an effective mix of functional and behavioural training.
- Working with subject matter experts (SME) to ensure program content is accurate and reflects current processes.
- Identifying ways to leverage internal resources to improve efficiencies. This includes using ‘in field’ employees to leverage best practices, skills and knowledge.
- Ensuring all digital learning deliverables meet the bank technology standards and accessibility requirements.
Support end-to-end project cycle for learning projects by:
- Performing regular reviews to identify and complete updates to existing training materials.
- Working with appropriate areas to ensure that all materials continuously meet business line, industry and regulatory standards.
- Reviewing, revising and curating existing learning content for new hire training and new skills training for existing employees to ensure consistency and accuracy of information.
- Reviewing program content and delivery feedback from CCC facilitation teams and other stakeholders and implementing updates as appropriate.
Complete successful implementation of learning projects by:
- Independently managing small to mid-sized learning projects from analysis to implementation.
- Defining the learning project scope & charter, conducting a needs assessment, determining learning objectives, and recommending solutions
- Creating, owning and driving the learning project plan, including work back schedule, communication, and logistics
- Being able to act responsively in a work environment that has frequently changing priorities
- Being directly involved in the development of training solutions for multiple initiatives/projects of varying degrees of complexity that are managed concurrently and/or are required within short timeframes.
- Following established CCC operational standards and processes in the intake, design and sustainment of learning solutions.
- Coordinating/executing the logistics of the training plan, including scheduling, printing, translation, etc.
- Planning for, scheduling and working closely with facilitation teams to support effective train-the-trainer sessions and successful deliveries.
- Supporting the administration of learning offerings on the enterprise learning management system (setting up, loading, testing, assigning, and reporting).
- Ensuring that a sustainment/maintenance strategy has been planned for and is put in place.
- Actively collaborating with the National Operations team to collect feedback and based on the outcome assessment, recommend ways for continuous improvement in learning and performance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles and a variety of design and development principles and methodologies
- Practical and theoretical knowledge in designing and developing eLearning and digital learning solutions using industry standard authoring tools (Lectora and Captivate preferred)
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of developing storyboards for creation of eLearning programs
- Strong technical writing skills, with ability effectively communicate technical information clearly and simply to non-technical audiences
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong expertise in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to act independently within defined objectives and direction
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of tasks and functions and changing priorities
- Excellent analytical, planning, project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work energetically and creatively in a team environment
- Strong planning, prioritization and time management skills
- College or University degree, preferably in Adult Education, Training, Human Resources or equivalent with 2 – 4 years work experience
Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.