Manufacturing Supervisor or Team Leader
214 Bayview Drive - Barrie, Ontario
Contract - Two (2) months
Hours - Sunday - Thursday 11 pm - 7 am
$15.85/hr plus $1.00/hr shift premium
To learn and practice the necessary skills required to safely produce required quantity and quality of parts in a timely and efficient manner to meet customer needs in accordance with plant and company specifications.
Education & Experience:
- Perform repetitive work where operational sequences or methods are established and changes are made only when directed
- May rotate through a number of assembly areas and other production tasks as knowledge and skills required for more complicated assembly tasks are learned and practiced.
- Work from verbal and/or written instructions
- Stage and organize materials (work instructions, labels, and materials) to prepare associates with everything they need to complete their next job.
- Report problems with quality, processes, equipment and materials to Manufacturing Supervisor or team lead. Red tag scrap and record.
- May perform counting of stock components.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area in accordance to 5S principles.
- Grow Lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement to product and processes.
- High School Diploma or GED or 3 - 5 years' work experience.
- No previous assembly experience is required, but would be considered an asset.
- Basic computer skills an asset.
- Able to work alone or in a team environment.
- Must be able to handle products weighing approximately 40 lbs.
- High level of concentration and focus required.
Works well as a member of a group
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact:
Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization