Are you looking for a friendly and collaborative team environment where your problem-solving skills are challenged on a daily basis? MASS Environmental Services is looking for a unique individual who has the necessary skills and experience to serve clients in the area of finance.
This role is part of the Finance Department which works closely with the Customer Service Team to manage full cycle Accounts Receivable/Payable and includes contacting customers to collect payment. This individual will possess strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and will be a team player in assisting the Accounting Lead.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Facilitate payment and collection of amounts due by sending bill reminders and contacting customers directly by phone and email.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to resolve customer billing issues.
- Handle escalated calls and resolve with a satisfactory outcome for both the client and vendor.
- Processing accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Prepare and present monthly A/R aging reporting and A/P reporting.
- Proactively identify ways to enhance the customer experience and raise the bar on our high standards.
- Support customers by offering an exceptional experience and treating each customer as the first customer of the day.
- Work quickly and effectively to respond to each customer email with a 24 hours response time in mind.
- Give clear, accurate answers to customer inquiries the first time, exceeding their expectations and aiming for forever customers.
- Please note, some weekends may be required throughout the year in an effort to support our community.
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Degree/Diploma in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- You have a solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations.
- 3 years minimum A/R and A/P clerk.
- You are an Advanced MS Excel user.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- You believe in providing the best customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- You are a critical thinker, self-driven, and results-oriented person with a positive outlook
- You work well independently, but are a strong team player
- An experienced user with QuickBooks
- Experience working in Customer Service.
- Ability to communicate in French preferred but not essential
WHY CHOOSE US?
At MASS Environmental Services you’ll join a fun, vibrant and rapid growth environment where you’ll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative and respectful.
We offer great benefits such as career progression, professional development, volunteer days, health/dental benefits and flexibility in your schedule (where applicable).
This position reports to the Accounting Lead.
Work with other staff members in areas interrelating with their responsibilities
Established in the interview process.
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)