Senior Software Developer
Are you looking for a Great Place To Work? Waste Solutions has been certified GPTW since 2021, and recently landed on the Best Workplaces in Canada list! As a technology-enabled management company we partner with clients throughout Canada that are passionate about sustainability and get excited about innovation.
We’ve landed on the Globe and Mail Top Growing Company list for three years in a row and continue to grow our team. Did we mention that we have an awesome team? At Waste Solutions our company culture is incredibly important. We take care of our team members so that they will do the same for our client partners. If our cores values: Driven, Sustainable, Innovative, Passionate, Integrity and Winning Attitude, resonate with you, our culture might be just what you are looking for.
As we continue our growth trajectory, we are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our team. Let’s create something unique and have a little fun while doing it!
What you will be doing:
- Develop tools to leverage different datasets, to allow teams to drive new insights.
- Lead the Development of new features and optimize application components for existing in-house tools used by our business units
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build, and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs.
- Apply an analytical mindset to identify new ways to innovate with data.
- Lead the iterative development, validation, and deployment of data models.
- Collaborate on end-to-end automation efforts required to bring models to production.
- Visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that provide insights to the organization.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 years of experience with software development
- Experience in the following programming languages: Java
- Experience designing APIs and user-facing software.
- Experience designing data products like dashboards, reports and providing data analysis.
- Experience designing internal business tools
- Strong understanding of SQL and understanding of complex relational models
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, be diplomatic, and influence technical practitioners and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the desire to share technical knowledge and information with others
- Ability to operate autonomously, within general direction guidelines.
- Personal Competencies: Problem Solving / Judgment; Customer Service Orientation; Teamwork and Collaboration; Initiative; Achievement Orientation.
- Highly motivated individual with superior organizational and analytical skills.
Why Work at Waste Solutions?
- Team atmosphere with great company culture
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- RRSP Matching
- Company events
- Virtual healthcare
Waste Solutions Canada is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home