Job title :
REGISTERED NURSE – PERIOPERATIVE (OR)
PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Penticton Regional Hospital currently has opportunity for Perioperative Nurses to join the team in Casual employment.
The Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) is a 155-bed Acute Care facility and responsible for providing core medical and surgical specialty services to surrounding population of approximately 90,000 people.
PRH currently offers four operating rooms and a urology procedure room to provide services for urology, ENT, general surgery, orthopedics, OB/GYN, chronic pain and uncomplicated pediatric cases over 2 years. There are two ORs at the Summerland Health Centre where we provide services including pediatric dental.
The Perioperative Registered Nurse practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) as well as within a patient and family centered care model. This position is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of client care and working in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Shift work will fall within a Days or Evenings rotation on a 7 day week basis. Casual employees receive 12.6 percent of straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, Casual employees have the option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans.
BC’s rural towns and smaller cities offer natural beauty, access to backcountry adventures, community connections, peace of mind, and a quieter way of life. Experience the satisfaction that comes from working and living in a rural, but not remote, area.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of Perioperative Nursing and one year recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment on an operating room similar in size and scope to the facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
- Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
- Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
- Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
- Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
- Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
- Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
- Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.