Agency: Life’s Journey Inc.
Program: Residential / Homeshare
Posted: January 13, 2020
Closing Date: January 20, 2020
Wage: $20.49 - $23.64 Hourly (Based on qualifications.)
Hours Worked: Monday – Friday 10:30 am – 7:00 pm (80hours biweekly)
Location: Winnipeg, MB
When applying please quote position applied for and job posting number in both the subject line and body of the email. Please submit current resume.
The Case Worker is responsible for providing services to the program participants through the following activities: providing direct support to individuals, contributing to the service planning process, completing follow up, and tracking implementation related to the service plan, which includes communication with both the Clinical Case Manager and Support Mentors, contributing to the clear understanding of goals and clarification of questions and concerns related to programming.
As a part of a team Case Workers provide respectful, holistic, supportive assistance to individuals within the program model and agency values, taking positive, strength-based, conflict prevention approach. In cooperation with the Clinical Case Manager, the service team, and others to achieve the above responsibility, the Case Worker provides back up coverage for other staff (e.g. Assistant Coordinators). Other duties included are: maintaining a positive focused relationship with the participant, supporting residential placements (residential programs), identifying programming needs to the Program Coordinator, and providing leadership and guidance to resources internally or externally.
With Clinical Case Managers, Case Workers may prepare, maintain and provide required internal reports, files, and records, submitting such reports as required, which may include overseeing individual participants’ record keeping. The Case Worker also works cooperatively and collaboratively, and liaises effectively with other programs, staff, external agencies, community groups, and businesses.
This role requires an individual that is able to support the program and team with:
· High work Standards: work ethic, task completion, consistency, follow up, accuracy/attention to detail, time management
· Personal Management Skills: accountability, self-management, stress tolerance, adaptability/flexibility, creativity, initiative, working in teams or independently, problem solving
· Personal Development Skills: ability, openness, willingness to learn, receives feedback and seeks collaborative opportunities
· Professional Skills: interpersonal and communication skills, influencing, collaboration and the ability to establish effective relationships/trust with others, within professional boundaries
· Mentoring Skills: coaching, patience, influencing and modeling professional behaviour
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: CLINICAL CASE MANAGER
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· University education in social services or equivalent experience in related roles is an asset.
· A Bachelors’ Degree in a related field and/or previous experience in related social service roles, demonstrated understanding of FASD/neural-behavioural, intellectual disabilities and issues.
· Optimally, three years experience in a related role and supporting individuals with disabilities, demonstrating empathy and developing practical, supportive and effective working relationships
· Experience in an outreach setting.
· Satisfactory Child and Adult Abuse Registry check, Criminal Record Check (vulnerable sector search) and a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract and license.
· Certification of First Aid Level 1 – Emergency.
· The ability to attend work regularly as scheduled or requested.
· Demonstrated language, writing, comprehension skills.
· Demonstrate cultural knowledge competence and participate in agency training for development.
· A safe and reliable vehicle and proof of appropriate insurance on vehicle.
Knowledge of the following areas is required:
· Community Living
· Disability Services
· EIA and CFS
· Determinants of Health
· Harm Reduction
Core Competencies for All Employees:
Respect, Collaboration, Integrity, Effective Communication, Patience and Perseverance, Reasoning and Decision Making
Life’s Journey strives towards a workforce that has fair representation of the community that we serve.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.49 to $23.64 /year