We're on a mission to make certain that the conversational AI revolution benefits everyone. Machines are increasingly awesome at understanding English. But what about the 5+ billion people who need to communicate in their native language?
Sinitic automates multilingual customer support with a vertically-integrated product suite and proprietary NLP engine for Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Japanese, Thai and other languages. Our core tech includes IP for mixed-language understanding and semi-supervised chat history structuring (we really love NLP). We're a fast-growing SaaS business with great call center clients from the iGaming and RegTech industries.
HOW WE WORK ️
Build fast with usage:
We deploy functional product and iterate fast with real-time usage. With this approach, Sinitic rapidly implements cutting-edge NLP tech.
Lead first into frontiers:
We target customer segments in underserved markets around the world. With this curiosity, Sinitic ventures first where others overlook.
We're a team with Ukrainian devs building Canadian software powered by Thai NLP for Swedish clients based in the Philippines.
OUR TECH & ROADMAP ️
The backbone of Sinitic consists of several python (micro) services communicating through a message queue server. Our clients have call centers with 24/7 operations, therefore testing and high-availability are critical to us. We are currently hosted on a multi-region GCP infrastructure and rely heavily on Kubernetes and Google Cloud SQL (Postgres) to achieve high levels of stability and performance.
The heart of Sinitic is driven by our passion to ensure that the conversational AI revolution benefits everyone from all corners of the Earth. To do this, we're building automation products that go after every mundane task in the customer support domain: livechat, ticketing, chatbot training, upselling, scheduling, and more.
DO YOUR BEST WORK, FROM ANYWHERE
As a remote-first company, our top priority is to implement new ways of enabling your maximum productivity, happiness, and contributions to the team. To accomplish this, we receive incredible support from the Creative Destruction Lab, Next Canada, Ontario Centers of Excellence, the National Research Council of Canada and GCI Ventures. We're building a team of ambitious, global-minded, can-do winners who want to absolutely succeed over the next years. Together, we're doing the finest work of our lives.
- Strong Python 3, Flask and Postgre skills, including in areas of multi-threading, asyncio and performance optimization
- Strong relational database skills; writing complex SQL queries, optimizing database performance, executing zero-downtime database operations and migrations
- Adept at finding the right tool for each task, avoiding the NIH syndrome
- Continuous Integration and Test Automation (we use Gitlab Pipelines with docker-compose and pytest)
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure, especially GCP and Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed architectures; service mesh, distributed tracing, load balancing
- Sound knowledge of Webpack and Vue2
- Excellent knowledge of SVG
- Able to troubleshoot performance problems and memory leaks using Chrome/Firefox's developer tools
Contribute to the company's technical product development & roadmap.
Contribute to execution of client implementations with excellent communication with other company departments.
This is a startup. We plan ahead but must be nimble and fast to adapt. If we asked your friends, they would say you're the calmest person they know in tough situations.
NICE TO HAVES (BUT NOT DEALBREAKERS)
- Experience in the following backend technologies is a plus:
- Experience in the following frontend technologies is a plus:
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Above market salary
- 20 vacation days
Sinitic is committed to equality of opportunity for all team members. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or migrant status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion. We value diversity in our lives and business.