Job title :
KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for an experienced, highly efficient and self-directed Administrative Assistant to join the Administration team at the Kelowna General Hospital (KGH).
Working in accordance with the established vision and values of the organization and as a member of the Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) Administrative Assistant team, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing confidential administrative and secretarial support to a Director and the respective portfolio Managers and Patient Care Coordinators/Educators/Specialists at KGH.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs confidential secretarial duties including the drafting and transcription of reports, correspondence, memos, minutes, overheads, forms, presentations, and policy and procedure manuals. Compiles statistical information and reports as requested.
2. Responsible for the daily scheduling of meetings and appointments for the Director determining the urgency of requests in order to ensure schedules are manageable. Ensures the required preparation for meetings is done and that the Director is provided with pertinent information prior to his/her meetings.
3. Attends a variety of meetings, records, types, and distributes minutes. Takes follow-up action as required. Books meeting rooms and arranges for required equipment.
4. Opens and distributes mail for the Director, bringing urgent items to his/her attention. Deals with routine correspondence as required.
5. Answers and directs incoming telephone calls as appropriate. Deals with inquiries and complaints from the general public or channels them to the appropriate person.
6. Coordinates travel arrangements for the Director and Managers. Processes documentation to ensure timely submission and payment of same.
7. Processes change notices, on-staffs, Payroll removal notices, and related correspondence.
8. Coordinates Photo ID for the Administration Department; for new and transferring staff, name and title changes, temporary IDs, Code White Team, door access, etc.
9. Generates requisitions (plant, petty cash, business cards, IS&T, etc.), orders office supplies, and requisitions equipment repairs, etc.
10. Maintains the Emergency Preparedness Manual and updates various patient care and Unit specific manuals as required.
11. Maintains efficient filing systems, both manual and computerized. Maintains various patient care services distribution lists, updating them as necessary.
12. Replaces the Administrative Assistant for the KGH Administrator as required.
13. Performs special projects and other related duties as required. Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you.
Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
- Grade 12 plus successful completion of a recognized secretarial and/or business program and word processing program.
- Five years of recent, related experience in a senior administrative/secretarial capacity in one or more disciplines with the healthcare industry.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
- Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
- Engages Others – communicates effectively
- Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions
- Develops Coalitions – builds partnership and networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers and service
- System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to ensure on effective off ice operation.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to relate to staff and the general public in a professional manner.
- Ability to function independently, exercising sound judgment skills.
- Ability to function interdependently in a team environment.
- Ability to be discreet, tactful, and flexible.
- Excellent technical skills in order to operate a diverse amount of equipment in an ever-changing technological environment.
- Ability to use a variety of computer software in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to produce accurate minutes by use of an accepted method of transcription.
- Ability to type accurately at 80 wpm and produce letters, reports, and other documentation in a professional manner.
- Ability to transcribe from dictation equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.