The Guest Services Manager, reporting to the General Manager, will primarily be responsible for all Front Desk and Guest Service FOH Operations. Ensuring a smooth arrival, check-in and departure experience for all resort guests, as well as addressing guest concerns in a timely manner.
This role will also work with the General Manager in creating and implementing Revenue Management Strategies, monitoring and reporting on effectiveness of implemented strategies, ensuring maximum REVPAR potential is achieved for all resort accommodations.
This role will also ensure the effectiveness of employees through strategic hiring, comprehensive training, assignment of duties as well as performance management to ensure an elevated level of guest service. As well as, ensure all appropriate workplace regulations, and legislation regarding health and safety, and company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Accountability - Takes ownership of personal workload, as well as the workload of employees under his/her direction.
- Coaching - Engages in regular, structured discussions with employees in order to encourage and improve individual employee performance, and attain organizational objectives.
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity
- Conflict Management - Foresees potential conflict and takes preventative steps. Handles conflict when it arises; assisting with resolution or determining solutions
- Cooperation - Works with others to prevent conflict and share resources to encourage symbiotic relationships within the organization.
- Decision Making - Makes concrete, well-informed and thought-out decisions that support the overall organization. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions even when data and details are limited.
- Leadership - works well with a wide range of individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement and direction.
- Managing Performance - Identifies employee’s strengths and weaknesses and provides long-term direction and support regarding areas of growth.
- Problem Solving - Able to identify key issues and figure out cause and effect relationships in order to solve. Use logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Results Orientation - Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals and objectives as well as the performance and/or achievements of others.
- Ensure all guests are welcomed in a warm and friendly manner, using the guests name when known.
- Ensure Front Desk daily tasks are completed for all shifts to a high standard.
- Monitor Reservations activity and bookings to ensure accuracy.
- Attend weekly RM Meetings with GM, looking at 30/60/90 reservations performance, opportunities and booking trends to max. REVPAR.
- Maintain shift schedules to ensure sufficient employee coverage.
- Oversee staff to ensure work is being performed according to established standards.
- Participate in site and workplace inspections.
- Plan the department’s workload and flow.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide feedback, coaching and formal evaluations.
- Attend to customer complaints in a professional manner when they are escalated to the management level.
- Develop strategic performance metrics and targets that are consistent with company goals.
- Coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and delegating work accordingly.
- Analyze departmental operations and identify areas requiring improvement.
- Ensure all appropriate workplace regulations and legislation regarding health and safety, accommodation standards, and company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure the effectiveness of employees through strategic hiring, assignment of duties, discipline and dismissal.
- Ensure that all employees comply with company policies, procedures and ethical standards.
- Provide employee training ensuring that all applicable compliance requirements are met.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- hospitality: 2 years (Preferred)