Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Responsible to supply internal customers with an uninterrupted flow of goods & services, placing an emphasis on quality and best value, not simply lowest price, to satisfy requirements for consistency, fairness, equity & transparency while maintaining a focus on maximizing competition
- Post Secondary Diploma in a related field or equivalent training and/or experience
- Minimum completion of the PMAC Purchasing Certification or CPPB/CPPO through OPBA Program or equivalent experience and training in Materials Management
- Training in related software programs (Word, Excel, Access, Smartstream or similar Purchasing program)
- Minimum of five years experience (as required to obtain certification) preferably in a public or municipal sector organization
- Must possess knowledge in any legislative requirements as it applies to Municipal Government including tendering law, Municipal Act, risk management and health and safety, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft office programs and other Purchasing related software programs
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent negotiating and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task, adjust priorities and work in a demanding environment
- Ability and experience dealing with the public and staff related to Purchasing issues
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Works effectively in team environment exchanging information and innovative ideas.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.