JOB PROFILE- YOUTH PROGRAM COORDINATOR & SPEAKER
Do you have a passion for and expertise in empowering youth and preventing and protecting children from violence?
OneChild Network & Support Inc. is a global leader and the first organization in the world mobilizing a global movement of children and youth taking action against the sexual exploitation of children (SEC), including sex trafficking, through education, advocacy, survivor care and survivor empowerment.
Since 2005, we have worked in the world’s most pronounced child prostitution hotspots, benefiting and empowering 74,000+ survivors and families; non-experiential youth; law enforcement, social workers, communities; addressing demand through public education and campaigning by the travel/tourism industry and government.
The organization was founded by 19 year-old children’s rights advocate Cheryl Perera, and has garnered wide recognition including the World Economic Forum Young Global Leaders, Canada’s Most Powerful Women: Top 100, and the World of Children Founder Award, and has been named one of the Top 5 Charities Run by Young Professionals in Canada. For more information about OneChild, visit www.onechild.ca.
This is a full time contract position of one year, which may be extended. The Youth Coordinator and Speaker will work from the office in Richmond Hill with occasional opportunity to work from a virtual office.
We are in a period of exciting growth and visibility and are looking to solidify and grow a global network of youth taking action against SEC.
if you are the person we need, you can craft and deliver motivational speeches and action-planning workshops for a variety of audiences, especially high school and university/college students.You can and want to empower students to become leadership ambassadors for OneChild; to help youth develop and hone the skills and knowledge it takes to engage their peers and communities in taking action against SEC. Major deliverables also include developing and delivering campaigns and finding/utilizing resources; acting as the key relationship manager responsible for target setting that will result in retention, deepened engagement with youth and increased visibility of OneChild on the not for profit landscape. As part of the organization staff team, you will be asked to assist with executing our fundraising/communications/social media efforts and all other major projects we launch/sustain.
The position is based out of OneChild’s office in Richmond Hill, ON.
Skills and Expertise Required:
Speaking and Facilitating
- Research, write, and deliver educational and motivational speeches and workshops focused on SEC and the themes of prevention, youth empowerment, and leadership making use of multimedia resources to engage elementary, high school, and university students - as well as teachers and other adults – to foster further involvement with OneChild and drive traffic/attention to our key initiatives
- Continually modify/tweak/edit speech and workshop content to suit a variety of age groups, needs groups and special requests from schools
- Coordinate and complete an array of administrative tasks relating to the above mentioned school visits and outreach activities (data management);
- Develop the Youth Advisory Council, and facilitate meetings
- Serve as a youth ambassador for the organization with the media (when needed) and at events such as conferences, launches, volunteer fairs, etc.
Campaigns and Social Media
- Design and develop student awareness and fundraising campaigns relevant to and exciting for youth to help youth understand SEC
- Support the development of curriculum on SEC and marketing to educators
- Support the development of all youth advocacy campaigns
- Co-organize the organization on special events
- Create web content for a youth audience and ensure quality user experience
- In line with OneChild’s brand guidelines, develop content on all relevant social media based on our/your timely key learnings and data
- Maintain professional and positive relationships with students and educators to encourage ongoing action and participation in OneChild’s school-based programming;
- Serve as an advisor and liaison to students, schools, and educators and provide them with resources and support in seamless program rollout and ongoing action-planning
- Ensure healthy and strong school relationships and deepened school involvement with OneChild
- Assist in developing school-based retention and loyalty strategies
- Ensure internal data systems are regularly saved, clean and updated with the changes and the status of each school contact
- Utilize various resources to identify trends, gaps and opportunities for growth and produce reports to senior management to educate the entire staff team on the youth pulse around SEC awareness and action
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Design and implement a monitoring and evaluation protocol that clearly assesses/measures the impact of youth to youth programming from the perspective of participants, teachers, administrators and the community at large
- Implements tools to regularly assess the impact of the program, and makes adjustments as necessary
- Distributes and collects monitoring and evaluation tools as well as assisting in data analysis and reporting
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- A. from recognized university or accredited College diploma, preferably in education, international development, political science, sociology or related field
- Experience with public speaking and facilitation
- Experience mentoring, coaching or mobilizing groups of young people
- Adept in researching, writing and delivering motivational speeches and presentations
- Experience with advocacy work
- Passion for the issue of SEC and a demonstrated ability to move others to action (fundraising or marketing experience an asset)
- Sales-oriented mindset, motivated by goals and experience meeting and surpassing targets
- Charisma and dedication to youth leadership skills development
- Positive attitude and open mind
- Respect for leadership and the ability to work both independently and report to the Executive Director
- Diplomacy, politeness and exercises good judgment when working with youth and is a positive role model for young people
- Highly self-motivated, independent, and a strategic thinker
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and take initiative
- Ability to calmly manage multiple challenges and meet deadlines despite them
- Reliable, bondable and able to follow instructions, as well as take responsibility for individual actions and honour commitments
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suites (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher), Photoshop, and CRM and all social media platforms
- Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Driver’s License
- Office environment and sometimes take them to non standard workplaces (onsite at aforementioned events, speeches, workshops, schools).
- Early mornings may be required, evenings and/or weekends may be required to represent the organization at events.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
Commensurate with accomplishments, experience and qualifications.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled prior to the deadline.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Richmond Hill, ON (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Required)