The TF Warren Group is currently looking for an IT Desktop Support specialist to join our corporate team!
This role is not remote, you are expected to be in the office full time.
Why work for us? We offer an environment where safety is top priority and believe employees are our greatest strength!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a high level of teamwork and communication
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency regarding solving end-user issues
- Document troubleshooting procedures and new processes
- Troubleshoot technology issues.
- Perform upgrades, installations, configurations of computer systems, peripherals and software.
- Perform remote troubleshooting.
- Help new employees set up their workstations.
- Train new employees to use a company's software and apps.
- Respond to ad hoc and urgent requests.
- Test, install and set up application programs on user workstations.
- Test network connections.
- 2+ years in a customer service centric helpdesk/desktop support role supporting Windows environments with MS Office
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant work related experience (industry certifications are a plus)
- Must have excellent customer service, listening, and verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in applying knowledge/skills in a customer support environment
- Strong analytical aptitude and problem solving skills in a technical environment
- Ability to multi-task across several ongoing tasks of varying priorities as required
- Must have excellent organizational, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate technical information to non-IT personnel
- Work is performed with minimal supervision and requires initiative and good judgment
- Ability and willingness to work overtime
- Microsoft Office products (O365)
- Windows operating systems
- Mobile devices (Apple iPhones, Android Phones, Apple iPADs)
- Computer systems (Laptops, Desktops, NUCs, Tablets)
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Basic LAN/WAN connectivity
- Bilingual - English/Spanish is an asset
TF Warren Group is an equal opportunity employer. We select candidates based on a fair evaluation of their skills and abilities, measured against the position requirements.
We offer an accessible recruitment process that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require any accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, we invite you to inform the Recruiter that contacted you
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brantford, ON N3T 5M1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)