Have you considered being a Professional Part Time School Bus Driver?
Now’s your chance! FREE School Bus License Training!
We are offering a $500 Bonus* for Class 2 Licensed Drivers!
This will not interfere with any current government subsidy.
Our in vehicle training is one on one with social distancing measures in place.
We provide all necessary PPE!
We need school bus drivers in Courtenay, British Columbia to safely transport some extremely precious cargo. A special job requires special people which is why we need drivers with a strong commitment to safety and customer service who genuinely care for children because it’s the relationships that make this career more rewarding than regular jobs.
That is exactly why our drivers say this is the “lots of-freedom, life-changing, love-what-you-do” line of work!
- FREE TRAINING
- COMPETITIVE WAGES
- Nights and Weekends Off
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- Making a real difference in the lives of the families and children you serve
You’ll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting students to/ from school and activities on time
- Performing pre/post- trip vehicle inspections to ensure optimal vehicle safety
- Ensuring students’ safety while boarding and exiting buses and crossing streets
- Attending paid monthly in-service safety training
To qualify, you will:
- Meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver’s licence in your province (and company standard minimum 21 years of age).
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience (at least 1 in North America).
- Hold a valid (non-probationary) driver's licence and a very good driving record.
- Undergo & pass a Ministry prescribed Medical examination, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and other background checks.
First Student moves more passengers per day than all Canadian airlines combined! That’s why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
- Bonus expires February 28th, 2021
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.