Job title :
MHSU SUBSTANCE USE CLINICIAN
NELSON HEALTH CENTRE
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is hiring an experienced MHSU Substance Use Clinician who enjoys working within a multi-disciplinary team environment to join our team in Nelsonhttps://nelsonkootenaylake.com/
If you are a highly skilled and experienced Alcohol and Drug Counselor looking for a work/life balance, we want to hear from you!
The Alcohol and Drug Clinician ensures that persons experiencing substance use problems/disorders or concurrent substance use and mental health problems have access to timely, responsive, evidence-based treatment and clinical supports across the continuum of available services. The Alcohol and Drug Clinician provides, at the advanced practice level, assessment, treatment, service coordination, and as required, urgent response to the most complex clients, frequently with co-occurring disorders, who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life. The Alcohol and Drug Clinician functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides in-depth diagnostic assessments using the DSM IV Diagnostic Criteria
- Brings advanced practice to the team through case conferencing, modeling and team education
- Interprets the results of the assessment to identify the primary issues and stage of change and collaborates planning therapeutic treatment goals with the client
- Implements treatment plans and evaluating treatment outcomes
- Facilitate clients use of appropriate community resources by keeping knowledgeable about other services
- Establishes effective working linkages/relationships with all pertinent service providers
- Offers consultation, support, and education to families, informal supports, community agencies, and other health care providers involved with Mental Health and Substance Use clients
- Provides assertive or planned outreach services as required
- Acts as a mentor to guide the clinical experience of assigned staff and students
Shifts of work are Monday to Friday 08:30 to 16:30.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health including Massage Therapist, Chiropractor, and Physiotherapist services, plus Life Insurance.
Located on the shores of beautiful Kootenay Lake and surrounded by the Selkirk Mountains, is the picturesque community of Nelson https://nelsonkootenaylake.com/ (population 9,804). Lush parks, colourful gardens and over 350 heritage buildings give the City of Nelson a unique charm. Known as “City of the Arts,” Nelson has been consistently ranked as the number one small town arts community in Canada. Residents enjoy a wide range of leisure pursuits including arts and cultural festivals as well as outdoor activities such as fishing, boating, and golf. As the season's turn, the award winning terrain and abundant snow make for world class skiing and winter adventures. Forestry, mining and tourism are the primary industries in the area.
If you are passionate about the work you do and are looking for a rewarding career and great work/life balance, contact us today! At Interior Health we are all about giving people room-to-grow and room-to-make a significant difference in the lives of others.
Master’s degree from an accredited educational institution in an Allied Health, Behavioural, or Social Science field relevant to the position.
Two years’ recent related experience in an alcohol and drug treatment environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Training in Addictions Counseling or Motivational Therapy is an asset.
Current valid BC driver’s license.