First General Services (Sudbury) Inc. is looking for a motivated and passionate individual to join our team as an experienced carpenter.
This position is critical for providing a superior level of customer service as this role is directly involved in the delivery of our core business. The work performed is a direct and immediate reflection of the quality provided by First General Services.
Major Duties Include:
- Repair structures exposed to insured losses.
- Demolish and remove damaged portions of structures exposed to insured losses.
- Perform renovations on existing structures as required.
- Submit accurate time sheets on a daily basis.
- Purchase job materials and supplies according to First General policies.
- Perform job functions in as efficient a manner as possible.
- Perform job functions ensuring the customers and their properties are respected.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle is kept in a safe and presentable condition.
- Ensure the company vehicle is kept appropriately stocked at all times.
- Immediately refer any customer or job issues to the appropriate project manager.
- Available for inclusion in the after hours rotation, occurring approximately once per 5 weeks.
- Advise the general manager or project manager of any variances to our normal processes and procedures.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improved service and efficiency.
- Attention to detail and an understanding of the value customers place on their property.
- Working knowledge of construction processes and procedures as required.
- A minimum of 5 years carpentry experience, with emphasis on finishing work.
- IICRC Certification is an asset.
- Working knowledge of the Health and Safety Code with WHMIS certification.
- A passion for their work and customer service.
- Valid Class G or higher driver’s license.
- Valid Working at Heights training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 /hour
- carpentry/renovation: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Working at Heights (Preferred)
- Criminal Record Check (Required)