Canadian Orthodontic Partners has an exciting full-time opportunity! We are looking for a talented Treatment Coordinator to join our team. Canadian Orthodontic Partners support a national network of community-based clinics in delivering personalized Orthodontic treatment. We provide an enhanced level of patient care and service experience in our clinics putting patient care above all else. Come join a team that shares, collaborates and learns with a vision of becoming the icon of orthodontic excellence by building self-esteem, one beautiful smile at a time.
The Treatment Coordinator is responsible for bringing new and recall patients through a smooth transition of becoming an active patient. The Treatment Coordinator is an extended representative of the doctor and the practice and is expected to take care of the patients and their families. He/she nurtures trusting relationships with patients, referring dentists (and their staff) and other Dental Specialists. The Treatment Coordinator listens to the patient, determines their needs, facilitates their progression into treatment and builds confidence in the doctor and the team.
- Welcome new patients with a friendly and enthusiastic approach.
- Takes/facilitates necessary radiographs and photos for consultations/observation patients.
- Review health history with the patient and/or guardian.
- Record any history of trauma, pre-medication requirements, and any other relevant information.
- Research any recorded medication, describe the purpose and note any orthodontic contraindication for the Orthodontist.
- Determine the patient and parents’ chief concerns and their goals of orthodontic treatment.
- Summarize the patient’s information for the doctor (patient’s age, DDS, reason for appointment, dental and health history, chief compliant, etc.) *See New Patient Process for full details.
- Introduce the Orthodontist to the family.
- Assist in the Orthodontists examination and data collection.
- Record data quickly, concisely and accurately.
- Listen to the conversation between patient and doctor and take appropriate notes.
- Generate correspondence from initial consultation and recall examinations for the referring dentist.
- Review treatment plans with the patient when the Orthodontist leaves the room.
- Show the patient the appliance available for their treatment.
- Describe the upcoming appointments to the patient and/or family.
- Use available tools to illustrate the treatment plan (videos, power-point, pictures, etc).
- Review all financial information.
- Print financial contract and review investment with the patient and/or family.
- Work with the patient and/or responsible party to find a payment option that works for them.
- Complete contract and review informed consent (if applicable).
- Schedule Records/Start appointment.
- Review insurance breakdown and provide insurance forms if applicable.
- Answer any final questions and escort patient to the door.
- Communicate ‘Ask Fors’ to inquire if any other family member or friend would like a no-charge consultation.
- Inform and advise patients and families of any office promotions or marketing objectives.
- In downtime, complete all Pending Calls and confirmation calls.
- Act as a liaison between the doctor and the patient.
- Act as a liaison between the doctor and any other Dental Specialist or general practitioner.
- Complete monthly analytics.
- Maintain a positive attitude for service excellence, while working cohesively with fellow team members.
- Provide any other tasks delegated or assigned by the Orthodontist or Leadership team.
- 1 year of Front Office Dental experience considered an asset.
- Experience as a Treatment Coordinator considered an asset.
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new programs to include Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and experience with dental treatment plans and insurance requirements preferred.
- Certified Level 2 Dental Assistant an asset.
- Clinical background considered an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of oral treatment plans and ability to educate patients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; written and verbal, an ability to make patients feel comfortable and at ease.
- Great time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work cohesively with team members.
What We Offer:
We offer the opportunity to exercise and enhance your skills working with cross functional teams in a flourishing environment. The organization also provides a competitive total rewards package that include base salary + bonus and a great benefit package with extended health, dental, life, ADD and EFAP.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. Everyone who applies will be considered, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Job Type: Contract
- Denatal Office: 1 year (Required)
- Treatment Coordinator: 1 year (Preferred)