Blackbird Security Inc is a quickly-growing company currently looking to hire Loss Prevention Specialists in Peterborough, ON.
Blackbird is a fast-growing company and has built a reputation for excellence by setting the standards for superior performance and excellent customer service. We are committed to bettering the community by providing excellent security services which fit the unique needs of our clients and the communities we serve. Our company provides security services to a wide range of clients all over the country including retail stores, high end retail sites, warehouses, corporate offices, construction sites, campuses, municipal offices and many more.
Why work with Blackbird?
With Blackbird, you would have an opportunity to grow your career and be part of a fast growing national security company, with the potential for great career advancements. We also offer competitive wages and flexible working schedules.
As a Loss Prevention Officer you will be responsible for preventing shoplifter theft in a retail environment while wearing plain clothing and trying to remain as undercover as possible. Your duties will include patrolling store aisles and monitoring customers, watching security camera footage and confronting individuals you suspect of theft.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel
- Ability to stand or foot patrol for 8 hours
- Ability to blend into environments and carry out duties discreetly
- Ability to escort trespassers away from client premises
- Defuse potentially volatile situations and intervene when necessary
- Complete incident reports and required documentation for all security incidents
- Escalate emergency situations to law enforcement as needed
- Providing great customer service to clients, tenants, and patrons
- Identify, monitor and approach subjects who may have unpaid merchandise
- Document theft and other security violations
- Ability to respond well to emergency situations
- Ability to work without close supervision
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Valid Security License is required
- Experience with arrests and detaining shoplifters
- Knowledge of all 5 steps to an arrest/detainment of a shoplifter
- Must be proficient in the English language, spoken, written, and via electronics
- Superior observational skills
- Willingness to attend meeting and trainings to improve skills
- Knowledgeable on safety processes and procedures
- Valid Driver's license and own vehicle is an asset
- Previous experience in security is an asset.
- Use of Force certification is a REQUIRED.
We thank you for your interest in this position, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Peterborough, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Security: 1 year (preferred)
- Loss prevention: 1 year (preferred)
- Security License (required)
- Use of Force Certification (required)
- Drivers License (preferred)