The Terrace & District Chamber of Commerce impacts growth and prosperity of our local business community by advocating opportunities, economic sustainability and collaboration among businesses and various levels of government. This role will assist with the growth of membership, sponsorship/fundraising opportunities and social media marketing with interaction and exposure to regional businesses. Further training in these areas may develop.
We are seeking a Member & Events Coordinator to join our dynamic team. You must be a dedicated team player who is proactive and works diligently under pressure. You are friendly and approachable. You can multi-task which is essential while working with a high degree of attention to detail. You must be able to work efficiently with minimum supervision and handle confidential information with professional discretion.
We are looking for an experienced individual to provide a wide range of administrative support to our organization on a part-time basis (approx. 20hrs/wk). Schedule may include evenings and weekends during special events.
- Proactively create and maintain effective workflow and communications, both written and oral, assisting the Executive Director to achieve goals
- Vet and troubleshoot problems, questions, and issues as they arise to ensure escalation to Executive Director is warranted
- Excellent interpersonal relations and a demonstrated ability to work with others effectively
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously (both short and long term), and follow through on these tasks and other issues in a timely manner
- Confidential, sensitive and tactful interaction with membership including strong and effective phone skills and face to face people skills – will be the first point of contact for members and public with professional demeanor and appearance
- Promote Chamber membership sales and ensure members are receiving the most out of their membership, resolving or referring questions and issues.
- Complete the New Member Checklist of action items and maintain membership databases
- Create and manage membership communications such as newsletter and e-blasts
- Taking and distributing minutes and following up on action items from various committees
- Event co-ordination that involve aspects of planning such as registration management and payments, facility liaison, catering arrangements, AV requirements, set-up/takedown and related details as instructed by Executive Director
- Fulfils contractual obligations for sponsors – maintains sponsor tracking sheets through ongoing communication with sponsors and co-workers
Anticipate needs of the Executive Director with proactive actions as appropriate
- Maintain office equipment and order supplies as required
- Prepare Director Orientation Manuals and updates for current directors; update Board meeting minutes binder and media binder
- Maintain media contact list
- Actively and regularly engage social media and website analytics in conjunction with other staff members.
- Complete special projects as they arise
The responsibilities outlined above are inclusive, but are not limited to, other responsibilities as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration, communication or related discipline
- 3+ years of recent relevant experience in a corporate setting providing support to members of Senior Leadership
- Event co-ordination experience – luncheons, annual general meetings, golf tournaments, awards programs/galas
- Experience in collections/accounts receivable an asset
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress, Constant Contact
- Experience with social media marketing specifically updating and maintaining content for social media channels and familiarity with SEO/Google Analytics an asset.
- Experience with Sage 50 Accounting program an asset
- Hourly wage that reflects experience
- 3 month probationary period – further details outlined in Employment Agreement
- Key deliverables will be established, measured and tracked during each review period (approx. every quarter) in alignment with semi-annual compensation market reviews
- Frequent social / networking events
Apply on Chamber website.
Job Type: Part-time