Senior Full Stack Software Developer
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer with extensive experience in data-driven web applications, web services, relational and NoSQL databases, Linux and containers. This position is located in our Montreal office.
Roles and Responsibilities
This position requires a strong computer science background with full-stack experience in data-driven web application development and delivery. Must be proficient in working with databases, containers, service oriented architectures, and data-driven applications. Experience with mobile development is a plus.
You apply expert-level knowledge of computer science principles and web development best practices to constantly innovate and improve our application platform and systems. You seek to automate, instrument, and make data-driven decisions. You strive to deliver exceptional end customer experiences that deliver real value. You thrive in highly-collaborative team environments and can mentor new developers confidently. You are comfortable with all aspects of agile development methodology and Kanban workflows. You are excellent with Git SCM and creating effective branching strategies for large distributed applications.
Requirements / Characteristics:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree or experience.
- 5-8+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience.
- Experience designing and developing scalable, reliable, performant systems.
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes, cloud infrastructures.
- Knowledge of and experience with SOA and microservices, RESTful, GraphQL API’s, inter-service communication patterns.
- Knowledge of back-end runtimes such as Apache, Nginx, and frameworks such as Node.js, Django, etc.. Knowledge and experience with PHP is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of front-end languages and frameworks (HTML, CSS, JS, etc.).
- Strong experience unit testing, automated systems and integration testing, test frameworks, build and deployment.
- Experience with multiple relational and NoSQL databases (MariaDB/MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.).
- Experience with Linux server environments (Ubuntu, CentOS).
- Strong knowledge and experience with CI/CD tools and best practices.
- Passion for self-driven, continuous learning both in and out of the office.
- Knowledge of machine learning concepts and analytical techniques to provide solutions to real business and engineering problems.
- Practical experience working with large datasets and building production models in one or more domains.
Please provide Resume/CV in English
Job Type: Full-time
- software engineering: 3 years (Required)
- CI/CD dev environment: 1 year (Preferred)