#98 Our client is a small business in HOSPITALITY in beautiful HINTON, AB is looking for an Experience/Event Coordinator to join their team!
They are innovative, customer-centric and fun work environment includes: Wellness programs Growth opportunities Work-from-home days Regular social events Flexible working hours Lively atmosphere Safe work environment.
- The Experience Coordinator is responsible for planning and coordinating the many aspects of the fabulous events we host, and dream of hosting. The successful applicant needs to have experience showing that they can effectively plan and organize events including conferences, tradeshows, seminars, festivals, exhibits, meetings, conventions, and weddings.
- The successful candidate needs to be able to handle calls, scheduling, questions, last-minute detail changes, décor planning, set-up & tear-down, and the many other tasks that come with a perfectly executed event!
- We are looking for someone with a magnetic personality, someone who can go up and talk to anyone, the kind of person who remembers you and makes you feel important. This person must be able to handle anything that gets thrown at them.
- We are looking for someone who gets us, we have cultivated a strong culture based around health and wellness, and need someone who can not only “talk the talk”, but also “walk the walk”.
- This role does combine traditional desk work with “day of” craziness.
- This position allows for creative freedom, autonomy, and control over the decision-making process.
- The perfect candidate needs to be a self-managed professional who is able to effectively manage and prioritize their time under minimal supervision.
- You are the perfect candidate if you are a dreamer, but with excellent follow-through.
- You have vision, and the know-how to make it come to life.
- You are creative, unique, and have a passion that this position would ignite.
- You are inspired by the outdoors – the smell of pines on a warm afternoon, the sound of a campfire crackling, the feeling of cool mountain air, and the broad sweeping views of beautiful mountain ranges are what speak to you.
Why Choose Our client:
- $50-60k/year + commission
- Benefits + Mountain Lodge Perks + amazing growth!
- You love the outdoors, and want your job to be a daily adventure!
- This position has the potential to evolve into a department based on the success of, and volume of events hosted. Why You Should Choose Us Opportunity.
- We promote wellness for our staff. This position, and group of companies, offer a certain lifestyle, and the right candidate will fit right in. Location. Hiking, fishing, skiing, you name it, it’s here.
- We are located just minutes from Jasper National Park, 40 minutes from the Jasper townsite, and an hour from Miette Hot Springs.
- Our properties boast EMFfree rooms, a brand-new yoga and event space, a woodfire-heated yurt, and a rustic nature spa all within walking distance of our own critically acclaimed Stone Peak Restaurant, Folding Mountain Brewery, and some of the best hiking and nature viewing anywhere in the world. Personal & Professional Growth.
- On-site yoga center Affordable manager housing Health and dental benefits after 3 months
- Discounted meals
- Plan & oversee exceptional special events
- Promote conference and meeting services
- Plan for social events and guest programs
- Plan and arrange for accommodation and transportation services
- Develop registration systems and information materials
- Determine requirements for hospitality services, signage, multi-media equipment, printing, and other technical services, and arrange for and manage contracts for these services
- Handle all related administrative tasks Use social media to market our businesses to gain exposure
- Plan, organize, and direct team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction
- Maintain inventory levels and complete purchase orders as required
- Maintain the events budgets, providing billing summaries and expenses
- Coach and develop associates through career development and advancement opportunities
- Ensure that department goals are communicated, understood, and met by associates
- Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments Ensure compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 year diploma/degree from an accredited university in Marketing, or a related field
- 2 years of administrative or office management experience or 2 years of events planning/coordination experience
- Previous experience in Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- A passion for perfect events!
- An eagle eye for detail A “whatever it takes” attitude, and the ability to bounce right back after a setback
***This position will aim to follow a traditional Monday-Friday 9-5 schedule. Potential for overtime during events. It will be necessary to work weekends and/or holidays during events.
Wage will be negotiable, based on experience. We look forward to learning about you and why you would be a great fit to join the Overlander Mountain Lodge team!***
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hinton, AB: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
Work Location: One location