Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager for CKD, Home Dialysis and FMTU, you will be the clerical, receptionist, and communication support for programs and services of Nephrology (MCKC, Home Dialysis) Services. The successful candidate will also assist the Renal Inter-professional Team in working towards the financial and clinical goals of the Ontario Renal Plan by collecting, inputting and transmitting data elements required by the Ontario Renal Reporting System (ORRS). Data requirements include demographics and clinical elements derived by chart audits, phone calls and encounter information from Meditech. Data will be organized and extrapolated as required by both the Ontario Renal Network (ORN) and the organization using both Excel and web-based programs.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Clerical, reception and communication duties within Nephrology (MCKC & Home Dialysis).
- Work with the Renal Inter-professional Team to obtain patient visit and encounter information from Meditech, health record audits and ORN reports
- Design and maintain Excel databases to collect and store clinical data
- Generate routine and ad hoc reports for the manager and clinical coordinators
- Record and submit to ORRS data elements in collaboration with other ORRS data leads and Decision Support derived from the interprofessional renal team, health records and the Meditech system
- Ensure ORRS registration forms are complete and treatments events are input on all patients in all areas of the program using information from the health record and from the referring physician (internal and external)
- Obtain clinical information from other departments such as in-patient nephrology, ICU and the Ambulatory Care clinics, performing chart audits as required to support renal data collection and reporting
- Collect and submit weekly, quality improvement data related to Independent Dialysis and Body Access to ORRS
- Complete and submit the annual clinical survey of all dialysis patients within the program using the health record and by interviewing clinical staff
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English
- clinical knowledge and/or recent experience in MCKC and Home Dialysis
- Must be proficient in Medical terminology (testing will be administered)
- Experience in filing (testing will be administered)
- Knowledge of Meditech (Payroll and Order Entry) as well as Ereq
- Advanced computer skills including Excel, Word and Powepoint
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, prioritization and time-management skills including the ability to manage a variety of tasks in a timely manner
- Effective telephone skills
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as a multidisciplinary team member in a fast paced demanding environment
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance
- Knowledge of Ontario Renal Network/Cancer Care Ontario data quality and reporting processes
- Ability to speak another language
- Minimum of 1 years’ recent experience with ORRS data collection/reconciliation within MCKC and Home Dialysis
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.