Harrison Hot Springs Resort is currently recruiting for the position of Banquet Captain.
About our company:
Harrison Hot Springs and the Eastern Fraser Valley is a beautiful place to live, work and play. We would love to have you join our amazing team and share the high quality of life that we have come to enjoy.
At Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa, our guests discover a location unlike any other destination in the world. We know the care and customer service we offer our guests leads to special experiences for them. We endeavour to exceed guest expectations and deliver outstanding products and hospitality services. Even though we welcome thousands of guests each year, we will focus on individuals and what we can do to make them feel like they are at home.
Overlooking Harrison Lake, the Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa offers the following amenities: five mineral hot springs pools, the Healing Springs Spa, three restaurants and a coffee bar, extensive banquet and catering options, Resort Golf Course and Resort Marina.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks all meeting and function rooms to ensure they are set up according to contract specifications Resort standards.
- Ensures all audio-visual equipment is set up, checked and ready for use.
- Introduces him/herself to all conveners, goes through function sheet with convener regarding any adjustments, changes or additions and gives them contact numbers for concerns or changes.
- Prepares set-up for staff and assigns responsibilities.
- Organizes staff breaks to coincide with service times.
- Ensures that all banquet staff and bartenders meet hotel standards of appearance, timeliness and attitude
- Continual communication with the Assistant Food and Beverage Director &/or the Director of Catering for ongoing problem solving of daily operations.
- Attends B.E.O. meetings to ensure that guest needs are accurately reflected on the function sheets.
- Informs kitchen of function numbers and changes in timing.
- Assign and instruct servers regarding their duties.
- Checks supplies in storeroom, ensures organization and cleanliness.
- Keeps pantry area stocked.
- Checks all areas of the Banquet Department daily for any deficiencies and completes maintenance work orders as required.
- Totals all catering bills and submits them immediately on completion of each function.
- Ensures tight key control.
- Assists in all positions as needed.
- Coach and counsel associates as needed.
- Maintain associate records/ file.
- Conduct pre-shift briefings.
- Orders necessary stock.
- Maintenance of a daily logbook outlining how each event was executed; times started and finished, special incidents (spills, accidents, complaints, etc) and any other matter of note. Completes and distributes Post Function Report.
- Communicates all necessary details to next shift supervisor.
- Some stress resulting from daily guest interactions (internal and external), budgetary, and time constraints.
- Other job related duties may be assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a hotel banquet environment.
- Serving It Right Certificate required.
- Food Save Certificate required.
- Bartending certification would be a definite asset.
- Wine knowledge would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language with a variety of people.
- Ability to interpret requests and respond promptly.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to safely lift, pull, push, and carry possibly up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Basic working knowledge of audio-visual equipment.
- Demonstrate success in the coaching and utilization of people and the ability to deal effectively with the public.
- Strong multi-tasking skills required.
- Ability to build good relationships with conveners and guests.
- Good relationships with the kitchen staff.
- Flexible to a changing schedule.
- Being multilingual is an asset.
We thank all candidates in advance for your interest in our resort; however, only those qualified candidates will be contacted.
Check us out online at www.harrisonresort.com.
- ONLY APPLICANTS LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN CANADA WILL BE CONSIDERED
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.58 to $20.77 /hour
- Banquet Captain: 2 years (Preferred)
- Serving it Right (Required)
- Food Safe (Required)
- Bartending Certificate (Preferred)