Job Location: Peace Portal Seniors Village
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the General Manager and/or designate, the Receptionist will be responsible for all aspects of reception and office procedures. The Receptionist is also responsible to monitor and respond to the tenant emergency call system (24 hour responder)
Include but not limited to;
1. Organizes and maintains the functions of the reception desk.
2. Greets and communicates with all residents, guests, staff, volunteers, and visitors in the facility in a courteous, professional manner.
3. Answers and transfers all telephone calls in a pleasant, friendly, and helpful manner. Takes message if necessary. Ensures a return call (to caller) if person is not available.
4. Monitors and responds to the tenant emergency call system (Lifeline).
5. Coordinates shift coverage due to short calls (less than 24 hours’ notice); thereby, filling the vacancy (due to sick calls, etc); as required. Following established facility guidelines/procedures.
6. Follows policies and procedures of the facility.
7. Assists other departments in an administrative capacity, (recreation calendar, monthly newsletter etc).
8. Responsibility for the booking of any rooms for meeting/training.
9. Perform all other duties as required.
1. Grade 12 education.
2. Graduation from a Secretarial/Administration program.
3. 2 years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
4. Computer literate with intermediate or advanced Excel and Word.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Customer service oriented; interest/passion working with seniors.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to type 45 wpm.
2. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
3. Knowledge of general office procedures.
4. Ability to manage high volume of work and manage several tasks at once.
5. Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
6. Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality services to residents.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent