Columbia Bottle Depot is an award winning, green company looking to make a difference in the environmental world. You can feel good about coming to work, knowing that you are making a positive change by helping to divert thousands of tons of material from landfills each year.
Come work for us, where you can make a difference in the world!
What We Offer
- Competitive wages starting between $14.00 and $15.00 per hour (depending on experience) with a wage review upon successful completion of a three month probationary period.
- Ongoing, full-time work (40 hours per week)
- Excellent benefits package with shared premiums after completing a three month probationary period
- Stable schedule and hours
- Employees are scheduled to work between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
- We provide company shirts so you don’t have to worry about what to wear in the morning or getting your favorite shirt dirty
- A great team environment
- Many of our staff learn amazing new skills including obtaining forklift certification, Occupational Level One First Aid certification, and their WHMIS certificates
- Staff appreciation BBQs and monthly birthday celebrations
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a positive and reliable individual looking for a long-term, stable position to work at our Dease Road location in Rutland. Candidates should enjoy physical work and not mind getting their hands dirty.
- Provide excellent customer service to interesting people of all backgrounds
- Provide accurate payment to customers
- Sorting material
- Cleaning, tidying, and other duties as assigned
- This is a physical position that requires some strength and lots of stamina
- Previous customer service experience is preferred, but we do hire enthusiastic, willing to work students right out of school;
- Previous cashier experience is an asset;
- Be physically able to stand for entire shift, have good attention to detail, be able to lift 10 pounds on a regular basis and be able to lift 60lbs on occasion;
- Must be flexible to cover shifts and to work overtime on occasion;
- Weekend work is required as Saturday and Sunday are our busiest days; and
- As this position takes place in a warehouse environment, safety toed (also known as steel toed) shoes are a necessity within seven days of the start of employment.
How to Apply
- Submit a resume through this job advertisement - Write "I love recycling" in your message to let us know that you read this ad (and to let us know that you love recycling!)
- Fax: (250) 765-9118
- Address: 680 Dease Road, Kelowna, BC
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)