Boretta Construction 2002 Ltd.
General Contractor / Construction Manager for Commercial Construction Projects of all Types
Reporting to Senior Management, you are responsible for analyzing contract tender documents, establishing costs and preparing estimates to successful award of the project and facilitate the construction of various types of Commercial Projects. You will need to provide knowledge of costs and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
- Reviewing and completing project take-offs to estimate material and/or labour costs.
- Maintaining a list of suppliers/trades and remaining up-to-date on pricing and options.
- Coordinating with the construction teams on project estimate versus real time costs and changes.
- Implementing and Monitoring project budgets, reviewing invoicing and preparing cost-to-compete reports.
- Establish and issue Sub-trade contracts and purchase orders
- Set up billing from tender estimate to accounting for billing processes
- Provide project estimate details and instructions for site and office use
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- Minimum 5 years prior estimating experience in a General Contractor
- On the ball; you are highly organized and able to prioritize and manage your time effectively.
- Detail-oriented; you have an eye for the smallest detail and you have incredible accuracy.
- A strong communicator; not only can you clearly express your thoughts in conversation, you can also write and present in a persuasive and influencing manner.
- A creative problem solver; you can think outside the box for solutions without fear of failure.
- A strong listener; you seek to understand by asking question Extensive knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures s in a non-judgmental way.
- Timely and properly respond to requests and directions
- Follow protocols and procedures
- Strong general construction knowledge; understands specifications, methods and procedures
- Proficient in using office equipment, Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other pertinent software systems
- Good knowledge of general business specifically Construction issues
- Identifying and dealing with competitors and understands current market conditions / trends
- Post-secondary education in Building Design or Architectural Technology.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience within the residential construction industry.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
- Valid driver’s license.
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Taking responsibility for the outcome of decisions and actions.
- Cooperating with team members in a supportive and respectful manner.
- Honor and respect for all individuals you deal with
- Timely and proper responses to questions or directions
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Ability to identify risk associated with contract/project documents
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with clients, consultants and subcontractors
- Must be able to demonstrate patience and perseverance, and embrace change when it occurs.
- Proactive approach to problem solving
You will work primarily in an office setting during regular business hours. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Construction Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
- Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)