First Transit operates in over 242 locations, carrying more than 300 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and 4 Canadian provinces.
We are currently hiring a Route Scheduler. This position will require 20% travel.
Review transit schedules/ blocking from customer
Monitor design of routes for safety and efficiency
Review blocks to ensure maximum operative use of the fleet
Conduct runcuts ensuring cost effective work shifts that meet requirements of collective agreements
Work closely and communicate effectively with location managers
Prepare sign up documents for locations
Offsite route inspections may be required
- Scheduling or dispatch experience (Hastus) considered an asset
- University Degree, or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills both on the phone and in person
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail and the ability to follow a task through to completion
- Must have excellent time management and organization skills to complete daily tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be adaptable to changes throughout a day and must be a fast learner
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority