Founded over 50 years ago, the Seaboard Transport Group is a privately-held organization comprised of numerous transport brands across Canada and the United States. Seaboard is a recognized leader in the Bulk Truckload Industry and the recipient of numerous awards for Customer Service, Safety and Innovation. The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies has grown by providing excellent service to clients in both the petroleum and chemical industries.
We currently have an opportunity for a professional accountant to join our accounting team reporting to the Manager of Operational Accounting. Working at the corporate office based in Burnside the Senior Accountant will work closely with all levels of the organization including senior management to produce high quality day to day accounting including reconciliation and analyzing of multiple divisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Professional Experience Requirements:
- Reconciling, analyzing and maintaining various GL accounts and sub ledgers
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting
- Preparation of analytical working papers
- Assisting with compliance audits/reviews as well as quarter and year end reporting
- Assisting with various accounting projects and initiatives
- Providing assistance with inquiries from internal and external customers and vendors
- Developing ad-hoc reports for stakeholders as requested
- Assisting with compliance audits/reviews
- Others duties as required
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Degree or Diploma in a related field
- Accounting designation is considered an asset
- Proficient written and verbal communication, ability to work independently in a fast paced work environment and the ability to prioritize are skills vital to the role
- Proven ability to deal proactively and professionally with internal and external customers
- High level of motivation and energy
- Ability to work in a team environment
We are committed to employment equity and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people and persons with disabilities.
We offer comprehensive cost shared health and dental benefits, group RRSP matching and professional development support for maintaining professional designations.
If you are interested in joining our team please apply here.