Position Title: EXERCISE PROGRAM FACILITATOR
Part-time contract – 6-month paternity leave LOCATION: Dundas
The Alzheimer Society of Brant, Haldimand Norfolk, Hamilton Halton (ASBHNHH) is looking for an enthusiastic and self- motivated individual to provide an exercise program that is adaptable to the varying degrees of participant abilities and that enables them to maintain an independent lifestyle. The part-time position as Exercise Facilitator will work in the Dundas area, approximately 14 hours weekly. Access to a car and a valid driver’s license are required.
The Alzheimer Society (ASBHNHH) is committed to inclusive and accessible employment. We are committed to diversity in employment and welcome applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Specialized Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· Experience offering exercise programs
· Experience working with seniors or persons with dementia consider an asset
· College diploma in health-related field or recreation or equivalent education and/or experience.
· Knowledge of Adult fitness principles and approaches.
· Having the following Seniors Fitness Instruction Courses through the Canadian Center for Activity and Aging is an asset: Seniors Fitness Instructors Course; Functional Fitness for Frail Adults
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with the position title in the subject line, outlining how their skills meet the needs of this position by noon on Friday, April 26, 2019.
In anticipation of response, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.46 to $27.69 /hour