Why should you join our team?
YMCA Calgary is actively building healthy communities - join us in creating a better Calgary.
YMCA Calgary opened its doors in 1902, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization that responds to the needs and health of the community.
Guided by four core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility, YMCA Calgary develop and delivers quality programs and services that promote the health of the community and provides opportunities for all Calgarians to belong, grow, thrive and lead. Our team of staff and volunteers are committed to creating a positive impact in the community through our health and wellness programs, child care and early education programs, community outreach programs (such as Indigenous, youth at risk, and cultural integration programs), leadership programs, camp experiences, and much more.
YMCA Calgary serves the community at our eight health and wellness locations, seven child care centres, two outdoor camp locations, and 60 community outreach locations. Join us in building healthy communities!
Relationship Manager, Volunteer Engagement (Full Time)
Association Services (located within Grey Family Eau Claire YMCA)
$37,714.00/year - $47,142.00/year
You can make an impact in the community - locally and across the globe. You will work with a fun culture of people and enjoy many of the benefits and opportunities the YMCA offers:
- Complimentary YMCA Calgary membership including a linked membership for dependent children;
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits. Premiums paid in full by the Association;
- Pension plan with specified contribution matching by the Association;
- Anniversary flex day and gifts given to celebrate each year of employment;
- Program discounts;
- Ongoing leadership development and opportunities;
- Leadership award opportunities;
- Scholarship opportunities;
- Paid recertification and training.
What qualifications are we looking for?
We strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals. The successful candidate will have the following:
- Diploma or degree in volunteer engagement or human resources or equivalent combination of education and experience related to human services and management of volunteers;
- 1-3 years of experience working with volunteering and recruitment;
- Working knowledge of databases;
- Ability to communicate and support staff with engaging their volunteer groups;
- Ability to communicate with, guide and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles;
- Detail oriented, organized and strong interpersonal skills;
- Evidence of a clear Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Three professional references.
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
Reporting to the Volunteer Engagement Manager, the Relationship Manager, Volunteer Engagement will:
- Own a defined ILT portfolio to support ILTs capacity and volunteer engagement activities;
- Act as primary volunteer resource for staff and promote the involvement of volunteers among staff;
- Develop strong relationships with ILT Supervisors and General Managers;
- Work closely with ILT Supervisors, execute workforce planning and compliance for all volunteer programs;
- Provide expertise and direction of targeted recruitment efforts and recognition activities for ILTs;
- Assist with the key components of the volunteer involvement cycle, recruitment, screening, interviewing, placement, supervision, scheduling, administration, recognition as required;
- Match volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper YMCA orientation and role specific training;
- Ensure new and existing volunteers are informed about the Association and volunteer opportunities;
- Ensure certifications are up to date through ILT Supervisors and act as required;
- Ensure volunteer files are up to date;
- Execute recognition programs on daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Maintain strong communication with ILTs, Volunteer Engagement Manager regarding program development, needs and ongoing tasks and initiatives;
- Drive participation in annual Volunteer Insight Survey and help action plan following;
- Participate in the annual giving campaign and coordinate volunteer activities;
- Participate in external volunteer events such as career fairs, conference and community outreach.
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary Staff and Volunteers?
Our employees embody the YMCA values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility. In addition, they model and are committed to the following competencies;
- Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity.
- Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
- Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
- Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
- Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
- Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
- Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Please note that evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search is a requirement
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit. YMCA Calgary is currently not engaged in international recruitment efforts as we are required to demonstrate that we have exhausted all means of recruitment both locally and nationally.
Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview.
For any concerns or questions please contact Cassandra Petrovic, Recruitment Manager,