Executive Flight Centre Developments (“EFC Developments) offers a full spectrum of general contractor, property development, facility maintenance and property leasing services. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, our services include initial facility design, consultation, construction through to leasing. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
EFC Developments is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, while upholding the principles of employment equity. Your participation in this important process is greatly appreciated. We encourage applicants to self‐identify as a member of one or more of the employment equity designated groups – Women, Aboriginal peoples, Persons with Disabilities and/or Members of Visible Minorities. The information collected will be used solely to carry out our obligations under the federal Employment Equity Act.
Our Edmonton location is seeking an experienced Facilities Maintenance Manager to support our diverse operations. Many of our buildings are located at the Edmonton International Airport with others throughout AB and BC.
The Facilities Maintenance Manager is a professional who focuses on the maintenance of the company’s buildings and surrounding grounds. The Facilities Maintenance Manager will also ensure the effective functioning of a facility to provide an efficient and safe working environment for employees and their activities by using best business practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the needs of the company.
- Maintain and enhance our facility management program (FiiX) including preventative maintenance and life cycle requirements.
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections.
- Implement best practice processes to increase efficiency.
- Obtain quotes and tenders from vendors and suppliers as needed.
- Calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness.
- Negotiate contracts to optimize delivery and cost saving as needed.
- Coordinate and monitor activities of contract suppliers.
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships.
- Plan and monitor appropriate facility management staffing levels.
- Ensure efficient utilization of facility maintenance staff.
- Performance manage, develop and train staff.
- Prepare and track facility budgets.
- Develop, generate and present regular reports and reviews of facility and/or tenant-initiated issues.
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives.
- Respond to facility and equipment alarms and system failures.
- Respond to tenant’s service requests within standards established for safety, time, comfort and cleanliness.
- Maintain a high level of communication with tenants, ensuring they are keep informed on any issues that may arise.
- Ensure the planned maintenance program/activities for the properties are completed on budget and time.
- Perform duties including minor plumbing, carpentry, masonry and electrical work as needed.
- Maintain all safety equipment including fire pumps, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, installed fall protection.
- Willingness to travel to various sites as/when required.
- Develop and participate in departmental strategic planning and budgeting.
- Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
- Ensure exceptional, courteous and respectful customer service through compliance.
- Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in maintenance or a construction environment preferably in the aviation industry.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License (must provide Driver’s Abstract).
- Able to obtain a Transport Canada Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work as a team, and work independently.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Experience in developing annual and long-term budgets/capital expenditures.
- Professional, punctual, meticulous and diligent.
- Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Team.
Executive Flight Centre Developments offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Please visit our web site at http://www.efcdev.ca/careers/for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities and to apply for this role.
Please include your resume and cover letter when applying for this position; indicating the position title and location you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in EFC Developments; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Aviation: 5 years (Preferred)
- Facilities Maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Construction: 5 years (Required)