Field Installation and Technical Services Specialist
The Field Installation and Technical Services Specialist is responsible for the assigned field installation and
commissioning services of Conviron equipment as well as interacting with clients to resolve their service
concerns while continually ensuring that Conviron’s reputation as the industry’s leader as a solution provider is
maintained. Consistent with Conviron’s Installations Mandate, the job of the Field Installation and Technical
Services Specialist is not done until our clients are growing confidently. The Field Installation and Technical
Services Specialist delivers on Conviron’s commitments by delivering highly effective and responsive technical
services installing and commissioning controlled environment equipment on-specification, on-time, and on-
budget resulting in class-leading equipment up-time, reliability and longevity.
RESPONSIBILITES & DUTIES
- Performs field installation and commissioning services of Conviron equipment (working alone or as part of
an installation team) at various client sites (North America or internationally).
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace at all times, including constant compliance with all company
and site-specific safety policies and initiatives.
- Demonstrates personal conduct consistent with Conviron’s Code of Conduct at all times, including while at
client sites and working with colleagues, other trades and our clients.
- Manages situations as they arise. Deals with unforeseen circumstances, proactively initiates actions to
ensure that important issues are dealt with before they become critical.
- Assists in training of Field Installers in performing their duties. Aids in the development of Field Installers
(and contractors) to further their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Assists Field Installation Supervisor as appropriate including (but not limited to): supervision of on-site
constructions crews (including contractors), participation as Conviron’s Site Representative (back-up),
developing and executing logistical plans for work to be performed including travel planning,
accommodations, manpower and tool requirements, site coordination issues in order to complete the
project in accordance with specifications while considering cost and budget implications.
- Provides constructive feedback to Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales, etc. in order to improve our
execution and efficiencies in the future.
- Takes personal responsibility for developing his/her own understanding of Conviron equipment and
remaining current on all new products and features.
- Prepares and submits various reports including weekly time sheets, expense reports, equipment test logs
& commissioning data, Certificates of Acceptance, etc.
- Troubleshoots client issues via telephone, email, fax, and occasionally through on-site visits:
o Receives initial client contact and determines their needs and concerns using systematic
approach, while maintaining a high level of tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
o Researches problem / case history / warranty information using database for relevant repair /
product / customer information.
o Diagnoses technical problems, usually associated with Refrigeration, Mechanical, Electrical, and
Control Systems, and determines appropriate actions.
o Takes required action to resolve client concerns (including ordering and shipping of required
parts), through to successful completion and follow-up / verification.
Since 1964, Conviron has been delivering controlled environment solutions to research facilities
around the world. With clients that include many of the world’s largest corporate and academic
research institutions, our products are relied on where precise environmental control is essential.
o Ensures client satisfaction (Net Promoter Score) throughout the process.
- Provides regular training to clients in the operation and maintenance of Conviron products.
- Supports internal customers, such as Installations and Sales, by resolving various technical and client
- Maintains up to date client database, and all documentation in accordance with ISO procedures:
o Records client calls, incident details and steps taken in resolution computerized database.
o Updates client and product information.
- Remains current on new developments and changes in product and market conditions.
- Complies with ISO 9001 work instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated installation skills including:
o Knowledge and experience with refrigeration systems manufacturing, especially welding and
running of copper pipe, troubleshooting and servicing as required.
o Mechanical assembly and troubleshooting is considered an asset.
o Electrical and/or controls experience is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to travel.
- Excellent time management and personal organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be effective while working independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and current passport.
- Ability to travel freely across international borders.
- Must comply with worksite health and safety guidelines.
Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
RATE OF PAY
The successful applicant will be remunerated based on their skills and experience.
DATE OF POSTING
July 17, 2019
Once suitable candidate is selected
Conviron is an innovative and entrepreneurial organization built on the expertise of our people.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees to ensure we meet our clients’
ever-changing needs. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits and reward programs,
within a dynamic work environment. Conviron recognizes that our continued success is
dependent upon the capabilities and self-motivation of our people, and therefore encourages and
supports employees’ continuous growth and development.
Applicants should submit a resume for consideration to:
590 Berry St.
Include the title Field Installation and Technical
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0R9
Services Specialist (Raleigh/Durham) in your subject
Human Resources line.