Working closely with the Vice President Business Development, the Account Manager – Defence Solutions is responsible for prospecting, proposal writing, closing deals and customer support of defence products and services consistent with the company’s business strategy, goals and commitments.
Tulmar Safety Systems Inc. is a fully integrated manufacturer of engineered protective textiles and survivability solutions supplying the defence market in Canada and abroad. Customers include various services withing the Canadian Department of National Defence and large OEMs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a focal point to customers for all activities relating to the sale of Tulmar defence products and services
- Maintain consistent sales growth
- Build and foster trusted relationships with decision makers and influencers within existing and potential customers
- Uses solution-selling techniques to increase sales and gain repetitive business.
- Understanding and analysis of customer needs;
- Educating customers on the value-proposition of Tulmar’s products/services
- Recommending products that enhance the customer’s business now and in the future.
- Emphasizes salable features such as flexibility, cost, capacity, and economy of operation. * Prepare sales quotes and develop detailed proposals/bid packages in response to government tenders and RFQs
- Must be autonomous in creating own quotes and proposals within an ERP/CRM environment and creating and updating customer contacts and leads.
- Develop and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline toward targeted entities to continuously grow the business and generate sales.
- Assist in the negotiation of contracts
- Manage day-to-day client interaction and communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Communicate program technical, logistical and administrative requirements to relevant departments
- Host contract kick-off meetings and annual program review meetings with clients and stakeholders
- Prepare and give business reviews and presentations to the senior management team as required
- Lead the progression of marketing and sales plans and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful achievement of sales goals
- Ensure preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual reports; analyze revenue performance and identify avenues for maximizing revenue
- Manage the relationship with all partnership forms intended to find new customers or maximize revenue from existing customers
- A significant part of the work involves making sure that defence customer contract requirements are communicated to the team and executed as required per the stated terms of delivery. The candidate will need to demonstrate leadership abilities and experience with ERP systems.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Observation and listening skills; able to understand clients business needs
- Interpersonal skills; able to build relationships and foster trust
- Communication skills; able to present information, facilitate meetings and conduct training
- Proficiency in working with an ERP / CRM system
- Time management; able to prioritize and operate effectively in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Multi-tasking ability; capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Adaptable; able to adjust to change
- Flexible; willing to accept new challenges
- Ability to effectively respond to complex government tenders and RFPs. This involves working with relevant internal resources for necessary inputs
- Results oriented; focused on organizational goals and objectives. Must provide verifiable results/proven track recordCompetency with MS Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Committed to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel as required by the position
- Valid driver’s license and valid passport
- Valid Police Records Check
Training and performance Standards
- Understanding of the company’s products, services, mission, goals and strategic business plan
- Knowledge of government procurement in Canada and the Canadian Defence environment
- Experience working within a quality management environment (ISO standards)
- Experience working with a company ERP and CRM systems
Hawkesbury, ON, with flexible arrangements possible.
Travel on occasions
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)