Willows Construction Ltd.is a full service heavy construction company offering services throughout Alberta. We operate on three key principals: Service, Safety and Satisfaction. We understand the importance of applying all Health, Safety and Environmental procedures. Our customers’ satisfaction is a priority we take seriously.
Willows Construction is currently looking for equipment operators(Dozer and Hoe experience) to join our team in Drayton Valley, Alberta.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful operator will have excellent experience in the operation of a variety of heavy equipment along with oilfield and civil experience. The position will require minor field maintenance of the equipment, regular inspections and obeying directions from the site supervisor. Understanding operating the equipment in a safe and efficient manner according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures puts you above all else. We would like to have an operator that understands having clean equipment is part of the job as well as taking instructions and working as part of a team.
An equipment operator will perform some or all of the following duties within oilfield or civil work:
- Operate heavy equipment such as bulldozers, track hoes, graders, rock trucks, packers, loaders and backhoes to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials during construction and related activities.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and clean, lubricate and refill equipment.
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
- Advise the supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Participate in routine maintenance
- Participate in workplace safety
- Be able to accept instructions and to adjust to changing conditions, policies and procedures
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
All applicants must havecurrent safety tickets including:
- First Aid with CPR/C and AED (St. John's Ambulance (preferred) or Canadian Red Cross)
- H2S Alive! (Enform)
- Ground Disturbance II (Global Training)
- CSTS-09 (ACSA) or CSO (Common Safety Orientation Enform)
- If granted an interview, must be able to provide, at interview, a criminal record check and current driver's abstract.
- Five years direct experience with equipment in oilfield or civil work.
- Ability to communicate and report issues effectively
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Self-motivated and driven
- Required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Job Type: Full-time
- Heavy Equipment Operator: 3 years (Required)
- Drayton Valley, AB (Preferred)
- Ground Disturbance Level 2 (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C (Required)
- CSO or CSTS-09 (Preferred)
- H2S Alive (Preferred)
- eGSO (Preferred)