Medical Office Volunteer
Neurology Centre of Toronto – Eglinton Ave West & Avenue Road
A busy Neurology Medical Clinic in Toronto is seeking eager individuals looking for experience at a Medical Office
A successful candidate should have the following qualities and qualifications:
- A friendly, hardworking and positive attitude is a must.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
- Diligent and hard worker.
- Able to work effectively with a diverse client population including people with developmental disabilities and mental health conditions.
- Able to work in a fast paced, high patient volume setting.
- Able to work effectively in a team-oriented manner as well as working independently.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting patients in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- Registering patients and obtaining all necessary demographic information and accurately inputting all information into the Electronic Medical Record.
- Answering phones, taking telephone messages, managing emails and replying to patient emails.
- Completing financial transactions and documenting all monthly transactions.
- Maintaining business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies
Great opportunity for those looking to improve admin skills, obtain clinical experience, or learn more about working in medicine.
Thank you for your interest and time to read our volunteer posting. NCT is an exceptional place to work, develop your skills and gain experience in the health care setting.
Applicants must be able to have adequate and consistent transportation to commute to clinic daily. Clinic is easily accessible via TTC.
Job Type: Volunteer