Responsible primarily for setting up and maintaining breakfast buffet and breakfast dining area. Responsible for making guests feel welcome, comfortable and well attended to at all time. Responsible of clearing tables, cleaning of dining and buffet area and maintaining storage and breakfast supply inventories.
- To welcome and provide efficient and courteous with personalized service to all guests.
- To prepare and consistently maintain dining area and supplies in a guest ready atmosphere.
- To prepare foods such as eggs and meats.
- To inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all utensils, glass, and dishes prior to use.
- To stock coffee, juice, and milk machines or dispensers.
- To ensure breakfast items are continually replenished and presented in an appealing manner.
- To arrange cold food such as muffins, cereal, etc, for self-service.
- To arrange breakfast buffet to make attractive displays.
- To wipe up spills and maintaining cleanliness of all appliances and counter space throughout the breakfast shift.
- To clear and clean tables as they are vacated.
- To maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the shift, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- To wash dishes, utensils, serving equipment after each use.
- To restock items and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- To remove empty bottles and trash.
- To return reusable supplies to storage.
- To perform physical activities such as lifting and stooping.
- To monitor and maintain an inventory of breakfast supplies.
- To prepare orders to maintain breakfast supplies.
- To ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service at all times.
- To solve guest issues with professionalism and always maintain hospitable attitude.
- To follow the NB food safety guidelines.
- To maintain customers’ privacy.
- To provide basic information on facilities.
- To maintain a clean and organized work area.
- To maintain friendly, cheerful, and courteous manners at all times.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent education preferred.
- Food and safety certification is an asset.
- Previous hotel-related experience is an asset.
- Experience in customer service and people management.
- Ability to handle large crowds.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks during busy, sometime stressful times.
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
All interested applicants please submit a resume to megan @ bestwesternfredericton.com
Best Western is proud to be one of the leading hotel families in the world with each hotel being independently owned and operated! Our mission is to deliver to all our guests, like nobody else, the best of everything in every way.
For more information, visit our website - www.bestwestern.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.75 /hour