GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH), we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We’re continually seeking top talent who are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best. As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the NCLH family!
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: NCLH) is a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises® brands.
With a combined fleet of 28 ships with approximately 59,150 berths, these brands offer itineraries to more than 490 destinations worldwide.
The Company will introduce nine additional ships through 2027 and the combined brands currently employ over 33,000 shipboard crew from more than 100 different countries.
So as our company adds new destinations, itineraries and ships, there are wonderful opportunities for new crew to join our family!
The role of the Public Health Officer is the highest authority in the essential process of maintaining health and safety standards. The Public Health Officer’s (PHO) primary function is the training, oversight, implementation, and verification of compliance as it relates to Public Health and Safety procedures and application.
- The role of the Public Health Officer is essential in the process of maintaining health and safety standards.
- The Public Health Officer’s (PHO) primary function is the training, oversight, implementation, and verification of compliance as it relates to Public Health and Safety procedures and application.
- Direct and control prevention programs, routine health, hygiene and sanitation verification inspections.
- Assessing the effectiveness of risk reduction actions and interventions.
- Prepare weekly health reports which include problem explanations, analyses, alternate solutions, and suggestions for improvement.
- Implementation of company Outbreak Prevention and Response Program (OPRP).
- Conduct epidemiological research of acute and chronic diseases.
- Work closely with the Chief Engineer, Staff Captain, Senior Doctor, General Manager and other responsible Officers to ensure that all public health policies and procedures are implemented, and related documentation are accurately maintained.
- Encourage departmental partnerships to identify and resolve health issues.
- Educate guest and crew about health issues and empower them to aid in the prevention of spreading diseases.
- Implement company policy and port state regulations that secure and ensure health and safety of the vessel, crew and guests
- Identify and investigate health issues and health hazards.
- In conjunction with Marine Operations and the Corporate Medical Depts, assist in the development of plans and policies that help individuals and shipboard health initiatives.
- Research innovative solutions that have the potential to enhance shipboard Public Health.
- Maintain and schedule inspections for ship sanitation control certificates.
- Serve as the ship's liaison to Marine Operations and Corporate Medical for all aspects of shipboard Public Health management and performance.
- Conduct Public Health and OPRP training for all Crew, Supervisors and Officers.
- Conduct regular simulated Outbreak Response exercises.
- Monitor and provide support to Department Heads in incorporating relevant Public Health topics to the on-the-job training specified in SMS/DEH/P019.
- Knowledge of Public Health regulations and international laws
- Consideration will be given to candidates with equivalent job experience with a minimum of 5 years Public Health or Human Health Sciences Management
- Managerial skills including but not limited to:
- o Lead and make decisions
- o Work and preform under pressure
- o Communication (Oral and written)
- o Training and development skills
- o Computer Literacy
- Recreational Water Facility Management, knowledge of Potable water systems and an understanding of Integrated Pest Management considered a plus.
- Epidemiological research, investigations
- Master’s or bachelor’s in public health
- Must maintain a positive behavior with Guests and Crewmembers.
- Must work well with Medical Center team members
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
Norwegian Cruise Line
As the innovator in global cruise travel, Norwegian Cruise Line has been breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising for over 52 years. Most notably, the cruise line revolutionized the industry by offering guests the freedom and flexibility to design their ideal vacation on their preferred schedule with no assigned dining and entertainment times and no formal dress codes. Today, its fleet of 17 contemporary ships sail to nearly 300 of some of the world’s most desirable destinations, including Great Stirrup Cay, the company’s private island in the Bahamas and its resort destination Harvest Caye in Belize. Norwegian Cruise Line not only provides superior guest service from land to sea, but also offers a wide variety of award-winning entertainment and dining options as well as a range of accommodations across the fleet, including solo-traveler staterooms, mini-suites, spa-suites and The Haven by Norwegian®, the company’s ship-within-a-ship concept.
Oceania Cruises is the world’s leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line. The line’s six intimate and luxurious ships which carry only 684 or 1,250 guests offer an unrivaled vacation experience featuring the finest cuisine at sea and destination-rich itineraries that span the globe. Expertly crafted voyages aboard designer-inspired, intimate ships call on more than 450 ports across Europe, Alaska, Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, New England-Canada, Bermuda, the Caribbean, Panama Canal, Tahiti and the South Pacific and epic Around The World Voyages that range from 180 to 200 days. Oceania Cruises has recently announced an order for two new ships, scheduled for delivery in 2022 and 2025. The two 67,000 gross ton Allura-Class ships will each accommodate approximately 1,200 guests.
Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ modern five-ship fleet – Seven Seas Explorer®, Seven Seas Mariner®, Seven Seas Navigator®, Seven Seas Splendor® and Seven Seas Voyager® – sails to more than 450 iconic and immersive destinations around the world and reflects $150 million in stunning refurbishments over the past three years. Regent will add a sixth new ship to its fleet in 2023. As the leading luxury ocean cruise line, every luxury is included in Regent voyages, such as all-suite accommodations, round-trip business-class air on intercontinental flights from U.S. and Canada, the largest collection of free unlimited shore excursions, entertainment, unlimited internet access, highly personalized service, exquisite cuisine, fine wines and spirits, gratuities, ground transfers and one-night, pre-cruise hotel packages for guests staying in Concierge-level suites and higher.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per year