WHO WE ARE
Family owned/operated and based in beautiful Bradford Ontario. At Gwillimdale Farms we are doing more than just growing vegetables, we are growing our business. We supply our produce both locally and abroad, working in tandem with retailers, food service providers, and wholesale distributors. We believe our biggest asset is our team. We are always striving to add talented people to our team and foster a work environment that is committed to safety, education, and personal development.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will supervise daily operations of the plant from production, packing and shipping while maximizing stewardship, safety quality and productivity to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. This role contributes to the continuous improvement and optimization of our packaging lines to ensure optimal operation levels. The Production Supervisor will typically spend 50% of the time assisting production and 50% on administrative duties; including food safety traceability, production recorder keeping etc.
SKILLS YOU BRING TO OUR ORGANIZATION
Interpersonal Skills: Production supervisors must be able to speak with employees, other department managers and senior management.
Leadership Skills: Production supervisors must be able to motivate employees to keep operations running smoothly.
Problem-Solving Skills: Production supervisors must be able to quickly ascertain a situation and be decisive in solving it, such as identifying defects in the production line.
Time Management: Production supervisors need to assist in meeting production deadlines, shipping dates and more and must manage their time accordingly.
The ideal candidate will display the following competencies:
· Accountability & Dependability
· Decision Making and Judgement
· Ethics and Integrity
· Team Player
· Organizational Skills
· Ensure a healthy work environment, that maintains high food safety standards.
· Ensure line operations are running within the Health and Safety standards set forth by the company.
· Supervise and direct the daily work in the plant.
· Support the production team in ensuring that the daily production requirements are met
· Ensure all equipment is operating properly and take appropriate action to correct any issues that may arise.
· Maintain productivity that meets/exceeds standards.
· Strive to create a high-quality product that consistently meets product specifications.
· Contribute to the whole facility in a positive way through continuous improvement methodologies.
· Ensure the appropriate documentation of machine malfunctions.
· Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
WORK EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
· Strong technical aptitude.
· Minimum of one year of experience.
· Manufacturing experience an asset.
· Strong supervisory and teamwork skills.
· Food industry experience an asset.
· Knowledge on safety, quality, productivity and inventory an asset.
· Ability to create accountability and lead by example.
· Able to perform all tasks within the department including lifting and/or shoveling.
· Able to lift to 25kgs.
· Able to stand and walk throughout the shift.
· Punctual, reliable and responsible.
· Works well in a team environment and supports fellow team members.
· Comfortable working at heights and in tight spaces with the ability to lift 50lbs.
· Personal protective equipment required in plant (i.e. steel toe boots, hair net/beard net).
· Comfortable kneeling, bending, reaching, twisting and/or standing for periods.
· Health, Dental and Life Insurance coverage after 3 months of continuous employment.
ROTATING MONTHLY WORK SCHEDULE BWTWEEN 2 PRODUCTION SUPERVISORS
· 6:30am -6:30pm Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday
· 6:30 am – 6:30 pm Thursday / Friday / Saturday
Application deadline: 2020-07-27
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
Daily COVID-19 screening is required. Masks required and provided. Split lunch breaks to accommodate social distancing. Regular sanitizing of high touch surfaces.