Prairie Parent Link Centre will provide Early Childhood Development Services, Developmental Screening Services, Family Support Services, Parent Education Services, and Information and Referral Services throughout the Big Lakes and Smoky River areas. The program will provide information and resources to assist parents in their role as their children’s first and most influential teachers and develop community service delivery partnerships.
Education and Experience (1 of the following)
- Diploma or certification in a Human Services field with at least 2 years’ experience working with children 0-5 years of age and/or working in a human services-based program.
- Early Learning and Child Care Level 2 or 3 (competencies will be considered) with experience working with children 0-5 years of age.
- 5 or more years of experience working with young children and/or coordinating a human services-based program with high aboriginal knowledge.
- Background or training in data entry, administrative support and service delivery relating to human services and/or early childhood education.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and general knowledge and comfort with database use and management.
- Must have superior interpersonal and communicative skills (oral and written).
- Good working knowledge of government agencies, the community sector and child and youth development.
- Ability to assist in the development, implementation, facilitation, coordination and evaluation early childhood, parenting and family support services.
- Ability to design, implement and evaluate library services and community engagement strategies.
- Excellent organization and networking skills including community engagement, data coordination, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with Indigenous people, women, young males, new Canadians, health workers, education professionals, social workers and children and youth 6 – 17 years of age.
- Must be able to work under the supervision of Managers and Executive Officers and be self-directed and highly motivated. and organized.
- Physically able to carry out janitorial, outdoor upkeep tasks and physical activities with children. Diligent in maintaining safe access into and within the facility, maintaining upkeep and appearance of facilities, and coordinating large scale maintenance or maintenance requiring professional services. Employees should be prepared to lift materials and equipment up to 20lbs independently.
- Toy and Resource Library Administration
- Program Support Services – program preparation, co-facilitation, assist with program delivery and implementation, assist in planning and evaluation processes.
- Data Input and Coordination
- Promotions, Communications and Social Media Administration
Full-time temporary position. Level 1-2: $15-20/hr. (depending on qualifications and experience). Supportive and positive working environment.
Competition is open until suitable candidate is found. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Three Employment References Required. Copies of Certifications Required.
Job Type: Full-time