A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
Ensures the quality of product by testing raw materials, finished product and equipment.
- Collect and perform microbiological and organoleptic analysis on various incoming ingredients and finished dairy products.
- Prepare a variety of microbiological media and chemical solutions required for use in the lab.
- Collect and analyse various environmental samples taken throughout the plant.
- Analyse ingredient and finished product samples for various chemical and microbiological components. Assist in the proper maintenance of equipment used for this duty.
- Investigate customer & consumer complaints.
- Communicate results to Quality Control Supervisor and provides troubleshooting evaluation and assistance to Production and Maintenance.
- Initiate and enforces hold orders on finished product.
- Ensure that all work is performed safely while following OH&S, WCB, and Company regulations and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours of work:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or related subject. (Related Degree an asset)
- Two (2) years experience or equivalent.
- Should exhibit initiative, good judgement, diligence, and have an excellent work and attendance record.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, computer systems and programs (Word, Excel, Outlook required).
- Training in the application of microbiology to the food and dairy production plant and to plant sanitation an asset.
- Microbiological laboratory ability.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a plant environment and ability to work shift work.
- Proficiency and dependability in current position.
- Interest in Quality Control and dairy systems