Responsible to oversee daily maintenance of all areas of the Hotel and property to ensure its structural safety, security and appearance at all times. Maintenance of all facilities, fitness room, public spaces and guest rooms Able to carry out repairs, drywall, painting, grout, sanding, wallpaper, using tools and other equipment. Able to perform minor electrical and plumbing work. Must be able to handle emergencies situations like fire alarm, power outages.
Schedule will involve working on weekends and occasional evening, late night emergency calls
Strong knowledge of HVAC systems, fitness equipment, boilers, carpet and vacuum machines
Knowledge of electronic key locks and able to replace, repair and reprogram such locks.
Required to maintain paper records, Able to make sound decisions under pressure as well as handle people under stressful situations, Must be able to deal with guests and vendors in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to repair mechanical, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration and HVAC equipment.
- Ability to repair/complete cosmetic items, such as drywall, painting etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot internet issues/ concerns for property and guests.
- Assist in the supervision of maintenance employees to ensure a competent, efficient and productive department.
- Participate in department meetings and coach/counsel employees when needed.
- Assist in training all department personnel on emergency procedures and safety.
- Assist in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating the Preventative Maintenance Program for guest rooms, public areas and safety systems ensuring the building remains in pristine condition.
- Leads hotel in fire safety and workers safety on a daily basis.
- Supervise distribution of repair work orders and inspect when completed.
- Provide emergency response service 24/7.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, provincial and local codes.
- Monitor department emails and voicemails as required.
- Demonstrate commitment to provide excellent service and exceed guests’ expectations.
- Proven history of working well with minimal supervision.
- Team player with proven success in relationship building.
- 2+ years of mechanical experience preferred.
- General knowledge of WHMIS and health & safety procedures.
- Basic computer skills required, Microsoft Office preferred, navigation with internet
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job (i.e., lifting 70 lbs. without assistance, climbing up and down ladders, move through narrow or confined spaces).
- Secondary School Graduate Diploma or the equivalent.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Hospitality experience considered an asset.
NOTE *Only people with relevant experience will be considered for this position.*
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Management: 2 years (Required)
- Hotel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- WHMIS (Required)
- First Aid (Required)