Interested in joining a privately family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth - we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Role Purpose: Responsible for the overall receiving and verification of all MRO and non-MRO parts at Maple Lodge Farms. Proper storage of goods in the Inventory Warehouse, keeping the warehouse as organized and clean as possible.
Shift: Monday to Friday; 7 am to 3:30 pm
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Verify all incoming parts received, in the inventory management system, and confirm that the parts match the description on the Purchase Order and packing slip from the vendor. Report discrepancies to the Manager - MRO Inventory, Purchasing, and the Vendor. Coordinates with the supplier on returning the incorrect parts and receiving the correct parts.
- Coordinates the arrival of rush deliveries with Purchasing and the responsible employee to ensure they are informed as soon as their parts arrive.
- Coordinates with our Chemical Supplier and other bulk chemical suppliers on directing them to the correct dock to be unloaded. Informs Inventory Clerks that someone must go to the dock to ensure the dock is available and ask them to count what comes off the truck and return the paperwork back to the MRO Receiver.
- Labels each individual part with a unique computer-generated bar code sticker. If the item is not HACCP Approved a Yellow Non-Approved sticker must also be put onto the item.
- Assists at the parts counter by signing in all deliveries, retrieving parts, and unloading delivery trailers when required. Coordinates with the delivery companies on where to deliver parcels that do not belong to the inventory.
- Advises other Inventory Clerks on expected after hours deliveries or pick ups and who they should call when the items arrive.
- Adheres to good housekeeping standards by collecting skids, emptying garbage bins and sweeping floors as required.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies; processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE: *
- Have a good understanding of mechanical and electrical parts;
- Understand concept of FIFO and 5S;
- Working knowledge of HACCP;
- Licensed to operate a forklift and stacker (training is available where required);
- General computer skills.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT: *High School Diploma
- Building Trust - Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perception.
WORKING CONDITION: Warehouse-based
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Store Discount
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Inventory : 2 years (Required)
- MRO and non-MRO inventory: 2 years (Preferred)