Solterra Group of Companies specializes in developing and building top-quality high-rise residences and town homes. Over the past 18 years, the team at Solterra has been involved with the development of many award-winning multi-residential communities throughout the Lower Mainland.
We are currently looking for a Construction/Contract Administrator to contribute to the smooth and efficient running of Solterra’s projects by providing administrative support to the Senior Construction Administrator with regard to the orderly preparation and maintenance of records, contracts and documents. The incumbent also provides support to the other members of the team as needed.
This is a highly administrative, office role and is based out of our head office in Delta (not located on-site). The ideal candidate will have construction industry knowledge and experience and enjoy supporting business needs through clerical tasks.
- Prepare and file correspondence, documents and contracts relating to project consultants, contractors, and suppliers.
- Setting up new project information and updating project lists
- Ensure that documents such as drawings, specifications, purchase orders and contracts are updated or replaced as revisions or new issues occur, including updating of master document listings.
- Order copies of drawings, details and specifications for the construction group. Assembles documents required by contractors for bidding
- Prepare change order approvals and tracking of all contract change orders and purchase orders
- On behalf of the VP Construction, schedules appointments with project consultants, trades and suppliers
- Provide support to other Administrative staff
- Provide back up to reception
- Minimum five years of contract administration experience preferred; within the construction industry is considered an asset
- Knowledge of general construction technologies and terminologies
- Experience with Timberline/Sage would be considered an asset
- Heightened understanding and application of accounting principles would be considered an asset
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Critical Thinking, attention to detail, and technical inclination
- Strong Communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Team player
We are a diverse, growing company with plenty of opportunity for the right candidate. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role, please apply today.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Administration: 3 years (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Contract Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Real Estate: 1 year (Preferred)